The Way the Ocean Meets the Shore

The Way the Ocean Meets the Shore

There are countless drops in the ocean and countless grains of sand but when they get their moment to collide with each other, they get their chance to hold each other together.

168
The Way the Ocean Meets the Shore

The beach has been and will always be my favorite place. I can see where the sky meets the water and the water meets the sand and there's something so intriguing to me about the way it's all connected. The ocean is so vast and so broad, but meets the sky that touches everywhere else in the world, making it vast-er and broad-er. When I can physically see that connection, it makes me feel insignificant in a way. However, there's always a place and time for each grain of sand and each drop in the ocean to make its way forward to greet each other and in some way, make it a little less insignificant. There are countless drops in the ocean and countless grains of sand but when they get their moment to collide with each other, they get their chance to hold each other together. When you meet the person that makes you feel significant, you don't care how many times people tell you there are other "fish are in the sea", because love has a way of making two small people out of the vast and broad humanity, come together to feel significant enough to stand out among the crowd and along the way, hold each other together.