The ultimate summer tan

The ultimate summer tan

The ultimate summer tan

38
The ultimate summer tan

Million Dollar Tan best-selling formula for long-lasting, natural,ultra-bronzed color. Its made with organic ingredients and is paraben-free.

I jumped on the million-dollar tan bandwagon after it seemed like every youtube beauty guru was raving about it and deeming it their all-time favorite self-tanner. Despite the hefty price tag, I give in with the expectation of a beautiful, deep tan.

I really like the consistency of the lotion.it,s thin-therefore it smoothes on the skin easily and does"t leave a heavy feeling on the skin. Also, the lotion is,t tinted, which has it,s advantages as well as disadvantages. I really like the fact that it, stinted because it allows me to apply the lotion to my neck, chest, and body in the morning after my shower, and I can look forward to bronzed skin hours later. The only disadvantage is that since it isn't,t tinted, you can easily miss areas of your body since it goes on clear. To avoid streaking/missing areas, work in small areas at a time.

Application

I don,t typically like using my bare hands to apply self-tanner, but it,s my preferred method with this particular tanner. Latex gloves streaked the product on my skin and wouldn.,t properly blend, and a mitt seemed to absorb too much product. To apply, I would just simply pump some product into my palm and apply it to my skin as I would a normal body lotion-in circular buffing motion. To make the product go a little further, I,d like to add a pump of regular body lotion to every two pumps of tanner. For my neck /chest, I like to be a little darker, so I usually apply around two-layer of product. It dries pretty quickly, so once dry, you can apply another coat of product for a darker result.

To avoid orange knees, elbows, and feet, I will use a small amount of body lotion and rub it into those areas before and after applying the self-tanner.

To avoid over-tanned hands and palms, I typically wash my hands a couple of times through the application process.

Results

The lotion provides a really nice even tan.it,s a nice tan color with pretty strong golden yellow undertones-not super brown, but really orange. I prefer lotions that have a hint of red, as they tend to look a little more natural on my skin. As far as the color being "extreme", it really isn't. With one coat, it brings me around 1-2 shades darker. (Maybe a MAC NC15 to an NC20-25.) My legs come out a bit darker, but my arms, neck, and chest need 2-3 applications before I m satisfied with my color.

Unfortunately, I don't have any before/after photos, Because when I traveled with the lotion, it completely emptied out in my luggage.

Here are a few photos on my vacation where I was wearing the self-tanner, Again, I apologize that the photos aren't the best since my arms or legs aren't exposed, but hopefully you can get an idea of the color with a few application.

Lasting Power

Here come the good and the bad. The good part is that the tanner lasts longer than any other self-tanner I've used. Most self-tanners last 3-4 days, but Million Dollar Tan lasts for a solid week. Now the bad part is the way that it fades. The best way I can describe it is that it fades like a temporary press-on tattoo. In my experience, I haven't had one instance where the lotion faded evenly without blotching. Lve noticed that wearing binding jewelry (such as watches) and tight/strappy sandals can lift the tan off in those spots.

Also, sometimes id wear jackets with binding faux leather sleeves, if I sweat, it would wear down the tan and cause it to look uneven and patchy. One the tan lifts off in certain areas, it's very difficult to get it to look even again until it completely fades after several days. Scrubbing won't remove all of the colors. There were instances where I scrubbed my skin with abrasive cloths and sponges until my skin became bright red and actually bled, and still, 100% of the tan wouldn't be gone. Applying tan over top of old tan blotches won't even out the color, it will only make the tan look blotchy(darker in the areas with a left-over tan).

Because of this, you have to be very careful of mistakes, so either I skip applying the product to my hands and feet completely and use a different self-tanner with better fading capabilities, because my feet tend to be dry and it can overtan those areas, and I wash my hands a lot, so after a few days it can lift my tan off and leave darkened knuckles.

Face lotion

I found the face lotion to work in the same fashion. It only provides a very light tan with the first application and a very nice medium tan with 2-3 applications. But, it also fades patchy-especially the area around my mouth/chin. After a few days, ill have to scrub my face until all of the colors are removed or be forced to wear a full coverage foundation to cover up the uneven color. Also, I wasn't able to apply it every day, as after around three days, I would break out (not a bad out, but a pimple here and there).

Would I recommend it? Despite the cons, it really does provide a nice tan (before it fades). In fact, if it faded naturally, this would probably be one of my top favorite self-tanners. I love everything about the self-tanner, but the patchy fading outweighs all of the good for me. In many of the reviews. Reviews didn't mention the fading factor, so if you're interested, I don't want to discourage you from purchasing this product. It's great for a special occasion, but I won't be using it as a regular self-tanner