The Ultimate Summer Playlist

Whether you're swimming, kayaking, road tripping, or doing any other summer activity, there's one thing that will make the whole experience even better - music. We've all heard a song that “feels" like summer, and if you're anything like me you'll listen to it in the winter just to feel like you're on the beach with your toes in the sand. But luckily, summer is almost here and we'll no longer have to pretend to be in the sun blasting our favorite songs! Which is why I saved you the time and made the ultimate summer playlist.

Tongue Tied by Grouplove

This song SCREAMS nostalgia.

Kids by MGMT

Almost on the same level as Tongue Tied, perfect for long, warm, nights - so pretty much any summer night.

Cigarette Daydreams by Cage The Elephant

Cage The Elephants music reigns supreme, but this one, this one hits different.

Dani California by Red Hot Chili Peppers

WARNING: This is not the only Red Hot Chili Peppers song you’ll be seeing on this playlist.

Cold Cold Man by Saint Motel

This song feels as good as one of those turkey, mayonnaise, Dorito sandwiches you eat after swimming in the pool for hours.

Santeria by Sublime

This song IS summer.

Freaking Out the Neighborhood by Mac DeMarco

The guitar in this is immaculate.

Nino 2 by The Symposium

If you’ve never heard of The Symposium, check out more of their songs. They deserve all the recognition for having some of the best summertime songs.

Windows Are Rolled Down by Amos Lee

Must be played with the windows rolled down after a long day of hiking.

Every Morning by Sugar Ray

The chorus is everything.

What I Got by Sublime

Sublime IS summer.

Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz

It’s one of the most popular Gorillaz song for a reason.

West Coast by FIDLAR

This song makes me wanna go surfing, and I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SURF!

Paper Planes by M.I.A.

Makes me want to rob a bank... but in like, a good way.

Loser by Beck

You’ll feel far from a loser while listening to this song.

Fight For Your Right by Beastie Boys

Beastie Boys said it loud and clear, “you gotta fight for your right to party.” And that’s what summers all about.

Midnight City by M83

This song embodies the feeling of a late night drive with your friends.

Hey Ya! by OutKast

If this song doesn’t make you wanna get up and dance, I can’t trust you.

Blister In The Sun by Violent Femmes

I’m very familiar with blisters in the sun. I am a walking sunburn in the months of June, July, and August.

3005 by Childish Gambino

I hope people still listen to this song in 3005.

Sunflower Seeds by Bryce Vine

This song is so soothing, thanks to Bryce Vines's voice.

Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Rey

I would be a fool if I didn’t add this to the playlist. Perfect for sunbathing by the poolside with huge sunglasses.

Paradise by Bazzi

Yet again, the chorus of a song got me.

Sunflower, Vol. 6 by Harry Styles

Such a light, wholesome song.

Summer by Calvin Harris

It’s called “Summer” for a reason.

8TEEN by Khalid

Even better if you’ve just recently turned 18.

Malibu by Miley Cyrus

Paints a perfect picture of Malibu and ultimately, summer.

Jordan Belfort by Wes Walker

This song makes me feel like I have more money than I actually do.

Broccoli by DRAM

Hey, it’s catchy.

SICKO MODE by Travis Scott

Life was simpler when this song came out.

Come a Little Closer by Cage The Elephant

Not much to say about this one except for the fact that it’s perfect.

These Days by Wallows

This was my most listened to song of 2019.

Super Bass by Nicki Minaj

You have to scream the lyrics to Super Bass with your friends at least once this summer, I don’t make the rules.

Hard Times by Paramore

A happy sounding sound with sad lyrics, but great for summer.

Road Trippin’ by Red Hot Chili Peppers

I would put every Red Hot Chili Peppers song on here if I could but this ones perfect for, you guessed it, road tripping!

Hanging On The Telephone by Blondie

I will dance for all 2 minutes and 25 seconds of this song.

Redbone by Childish Gambino

The definition of “vibe”.

Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind

It’s the, “Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo, doo-doo-doo-doo
Doo-doo-doo” part.

Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles

Even better when the sun is actually out!

Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield

She’s got a pocketful of sunshine and so will you after hearing to this.

One Dance by Drake

Contrary to the title, you can dance more than once while listening to this.

Sunday Best by Surfaces

I have to admit when I first heard this song I wasn't the biggest fan of it. But it's such a happy, positive, summer feel song, I couldn't help but add it to the list.

Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man

Just an overall “feel good” song.

Float On by Modest Mouse

This songs all about looking at the bright side, which is what you should be doing all summer.

Rockaway Beach by Ramones

Perfect for hitting the beach.

Atlas by COIN

I listened to this song on the way to school for my first day of senior year just to relive that summer feeling one last time. 10/10 would recommend.