7 Things I Learned While Being 22

7 Things I Learned While Being 22

My birthday is this week, so here's a few things I learned while being 22!

9
7 Things I Learned While Being 22

With my birthday on Thursday [September 22nd], I wanted to focus on talking about some things I learned while being twenty-two. What the hell did I learn? And, was it important? Well, let's see what I remember from my twenties, in order to even begin.

Turning twenty-three is a milestone, it's not thirty-five, but it's a good age to start your midlife crisis' at - so there's that. I have been the most stressed out in my twenties than in my teens and it really makes you miss your teens a whole lot more.

But, here are some things I learned about myself and others while being in my twenty-two era of living. Here's to another year of life and living and being extra fly at twenty-three!

1. You can't take things to heart.

Parents, friends, coworkers, will say rude things or things they don't mean in the heat of the moment.

Don't fret, they don't mean it, that does not mean you have to forgive them - but don't take it to heart. You are not a bitch, you are a golden pony!

2. Disregard people who say your major is not going to get you anywhere after you graduate.

Thank you, but no thank you. I chose my bed and I am lying in it, but thanks for the advice.

Engish majors for the win!

3. People come and go and sometimes stay out of your life forever, and that is okay. Who cares?

He's a boy, the right one will come along and sing Love Is An Open Door with you one day. But, for now, all you need is a DD to take you home from a night out with the girls.

You don't need one hundred friends to make you happy, you barely need five. All you need are the people who have your back throughout anything, no matter what. Those are the people you keep by your side. Everyone else is just an acquaintance.

4. Pace yourself while drinking any alcoholic drink.

Know how much you can drink and how much you want to drink. No one wants to be pulling back your hair in the bathroom stall because you didn't know how much you could handle. By twenty-two make sure you know that - it will make going out so much easier.

5. Don't spend too much time on social media.

It's funny at the time; but, it makes you lose brain cells if you read too much of it. Stay away from reading too much and doing too much, the world is a beautiful place to look at - look at it sometimes.

6. Enjoy what you enjoy!

Don't even bother with people who make fun of you for liking something. They are not worth your time - keep doing what you love and keep enjoying it as much as possible. Life is way too short for all that nonsense!

7. You don't know everything yet - stop pretending you do.

and, that is exactly what it means. Stay humble and keep positive!

Those were some things I found to be reoccurring while I was twenty-two - and to say I am still learning is an understatement. Here's to another birthday and another great year of my life!