The Struggles Of Being A Tall Girl

The Struggles Of Being A Tall Girl

The weather is the exact same up here as it is down there.

93
The Struggles Of Being A Tall Girl
Pintrest

Although being tall can be a wonderful addition in life, it can really have its disadvantages sometimes. Yes, I can see everything at concerts. But, I don't appreciate getting yelled at for being tall. Look, I didn't chose the tall girl life, the tall girl life chose me. And since you're all wondering, the weather is the exact same as it is down there. Here are the top eight struggles of being a tall girl.

1. People don't realize you know how tall you are.

I cannot tell you how many times I've heard: "Wow you're so tall! How tall are you?" Really? No freaking way. Thank you for informing me, really I had no clue!

2. Dresses look like shirts on you.

Nothing fits! Sometimes, you have to size up three times just to get the dress to cover your rear end. We're looking at you Free People and Urban Outfitters. Would it be that bad if the dresses were designed about four inches longer? Help a tall girl out.

3. Hugging people is super awkward.

You're so tall that hugging anyone is just a super awkward experience. The heights are usually so off, you end up hugging their head, and it's just weird.

4. Jeans are impossible to find.

You need a length long enough for your legs. However, that could mean a larger size being way too big on your waist. But, they end up looking like capris. Regardless, you can never win.

5. Everyone thinks you'd be really good at sports, specifically basketball and volleyball.

Nope. I could be really un-athletic for all you know. Even though I'm 5'11", I'm not good at sports. Maybe I could be maybe if I tried, but someone shorter than me could be just as good! Don’t single me out!

6. Society thinks "Long Tall Sally's" is your favorite store to shop at.

Again, nope. I know that it’s a very nice store! But, just because I'm tall doesn’t mean I shop at a place with the word "tall" in it. Actually, I refuse to shop there because of that sole reason.

7. Heels are a no go.

When all the girls wear big heels at homecoming dances and parties, you're still in flats. For the entire night. Oh, and any boy will not allow you to wear heels because you'll tower over them in pictures (I know this from personal experience.)

8. You get judged for wearing heels.

"Do you even need to be wearing heels right now?" No, OK, no I don't. But, I want to be wearing wedges like everyone else for the picture.

9. Your height eliminates dating 98 percent of men you know.

Dating someone shorter than you, as a woman, is just kind of a pain. First of all, you don’t want to look like his mom or babysitter, even if he is a few years ahead of you. Height matters. Men, do us all a favor and grow like another foot or two.