The Struggles Of Being A College Senior As Told By Buffy The Vampire Slayer

"What are we gonna do now?"
582

I've reached the toughest part of the final college year. The projects are piling up, the sentiments are blocking my nose with congestion heightened by allergies, and I am doing everything I can to keep from re-watching all the seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on Hulu.

Even though I can't watch the show itself (cause I'm attempting to show some self-restraint) I can be entertained by Buffy gifs that give me hope. Hope in the fact that even though Buffy has (sometimes literally) the weight of the world on her shoulders, she still wants to chill and whine every so often.

1. You start to lose motivation

Winter basically renders us all useless. Especially, if we have to remain indoors cause of rain, or world forbid it, wind. Wind is the worst...basically a whirlwind of airborne illness.

(Can you tell I really don't wanna get sick?)

2. You suddenly register that it's Week 9

You start thinking about the amount (a figuratively literal ton) of work you have left until the end of the quarter.

Then, you start thinking about the end of the quarter. Then, it hits that it's March. Then, you find yourself being yelled at my your roommates for bringing up leaving each other soon. Time is a sneaky little fella.

3. You realize everyone else is losing it too

Everyone, and I mean e.v.e.r.y.o.n.e. is finding issues with the end of the year coming soon. From loving roomies to the people who register the inevitability of Week 8 to become Week 9 to become Week 10 in the middle of YRL. Pour souls.

4. You panic and flail

'Cause what other reasonable reaction could you have to this realization?

5. You decide to just let it happen

Suddenly, it hits you. You're an adult and in charge of your own life. Yeah, the end of the quarter (and the year) is fast-approaching.

But knowing that I've given everything of myself to my classes and projects, knowing that I really enjoyed myself during my time here, helps me calm down and look forward to finishing strong.

I can't wait to kick back and have a good time at the end of this quarter! (Or, in reality, take a weekend-long nap...)