The Story Of Joyce: Making Movements

The Story Of Joyce: Making Movements

The big sis is off to Colorado! Come read her story as told by Twitter, Messaging, Instagram, and Snapchat

15
The Story Of Joyce: Making Movements
Joyce LaBonté

Whenever there is a week in which I am not sure what to write about I ask my sister for some inspiration. I guess I have been refusing to recognize that each week she will always ask me to write an article about her and I'll never end up taking her advice. So this week, this is a letter to you, Joyce. Congratulations and soak it in because this may never come around again.

Big sis,

I am so very thankful for all the years that you have spent by my side. Even though those years sometimes consisted of some cussing and punches thrown I am still so thankful for every lesson and every ounce of love/hate-love. You have helped form who I am and as will the experiences in which you are facing these upcoming months.

Any who, I digress. Life is full of decisions and the day you decided it was time to pick up and move across country my heart broke a little. I knew I was going to support you in anything you did but I honestly I knew I was going to miss the comfort of having the potential to just stop by whenever.

You have the brightest light of absolutely anyone I know and never ever let it fade. You have more personality in your left big toe than most do in their entire body and that makes me so proud of you. I hope you find someone in Colorado who can help you spell the tough but necessary words.

With so so so much love,

The little sister who always tries to act like the big sister

PS: So since mom was a little disappointed she knew nothing about your trip here are some bits of your story for the rest of the world to follow.

Joyce for the past two years has attended Pace University where she played DII softball. Joyce made a lot of really hard decisions in regard to her move and deciding not to return to Pace was certainly one of them.

After Joyce had told her teammates she was no longer returning to Pace in the Fall she was ready to tell the World she was making movements. (Peep her social media game after her decision was finalized.)

After that came countless hours at work trying to make enough money for the move.. she is going to be living with our older brother, Keenan, and she's taking a full dive into the real World paying rent and working a full time job. This summer she worked at a hospital in Boston 40 hours a week and frankly this may have been the most hilarious part. Day by day I would get snapchats of her daily encounters... here are some of the encounters I had the guts to screenshot and the ones that are actually appropriate for the internet.

Then, as the day sooner approached for her to embark on her trip came the most painful part...the packing, oh, the packing. The night before Joyce was supposed to leave I rushed home at 2am from work to make sure I had the opportunity to say goodbye... safe to say almost nothing was packed when I arrived and she was watching Gilmore Girls :)

Then came the big day. She packed her tiny Acura with all of her belongings and strapped into the passenger seat with our father taking the wheel. That day their road trip began. I got snapchats after snapchats but better yet hilarious texts about dad.

Right before she left I did what any sister would do, I gave her my address so if I caught her wearing any of my clothes she could send them right back to me.

I must not have pissed her off too bad with this request though, seeing as she started texting her friends about me ;)

Also like any sister I am so happy she is safe and happy and now having so much fun. She is gonna have the time of her life and I can't wait for more snapchat updates and hilarious stories.