The Story Of The Coronavirus Garden

As we all know that the coronavirus has been around for a while now, and if you are anything like my family, you have been losing your mind. My family has been running out of things to do in order to make the days go by faster. At the beginning, it was baking, but that got boring when we started repeating the same cakes and desserts again and again. Then it was playing cards, but that got boring since the same person kept winning, I am looking at you mom. However, now we have a new obsession... gardening.

The Kohli family had a garden in our old house where I was born. There we had a forest behind our house and the garden was huge in the front. Thus, we decided to take this up again. We had a few failed attempts before all of this in the past few years, but we though it was simply because we were not dedicated.

Boy, were we wrong. We planted all of the flowers we bought and the flower bed in front of our house looked beautiful. Every morning before our morning walk my mom and I would simply stare in awe at how beautiful the flowers looked. In addition, on the side of our house we planted some vegetable, and when we some some small tomatoes, chilies and squash we were jumping in excitement. This excitement was quickly gone because the next week we discovered that all the vegetables that we were so excited about were gone!

They were eaten. My mom and I were bummed out, but my sister and dad said that we gave an animal food. Yes that was true so we let it go. However, within the next week these rabbits and deer started to come to the front of our yard. They were eating our flowers now! And just like that almost all of the amazing flowers we had planted to excitingly were gone. Even the plants inside the pots were eaten!

Sure, we still have a few, but our garden looks kind of boring now without those plants, but it is okay! We did give animals food, and we did take their home in order to make ours. So, in the end, the rabbits and deer have been paid back for their services... with our flowers. But, we may never garden again because of this. I guess we will have to move on and find the next time consuming activity to make the days pass.