The Second Half Of Spring Semester As Told By Friends

Only a few more weeks until you're free from classes, professors, dining hall food, and communal bathrooms. Just gotta make it through a few things first.

45
Her Campus

We all know the struggles of that final stretch after spring break and before summer. Here they are, told with a little help from our beloved favorite characters of Friends:

1. The night before going back to school after spring break, feeling like the week only lasted 2 minutes.

Has it really been a whole week already? Guess time really does fly when you're having fun.

2. Returning to campus after a week of carefree break, and realizing you must now also go back to dining hall food, a regular sleep schedule, classes each day, and homework.

Can we pease just have one more week away?

3. Trying to remember what you learned in class before break.

Just don't call on me the first day back...chances are I'm not all there yet. Oh, and let's just hope there wasn't any homework I forgot to do.

4. Each day when you realize that the sweet freedom of summer is one day closer.

Only a few more weeks until you're free from classes, professors, dining hall food, and communal bathrooms. I think a happy dance is in order.

5. But also realizing this means you'll have to say goodbye to your friends for a while.

When you're used to living within walking distance of the whole gang, 3 months is a long time to be apart. Good thing you can send them ugly snapchats every day so they won't forget about you.

6. Whenever someone reminds you that you really should find a job or internship for the summer.

You mean I can't just stay up all night and sleep all day like I used to in middle school? Darn.

7. When professors start to realize how little time is left and really start piling on the assignments and tests.

It's crunch time for them, which means exponentially less sleep and sanity for us.

8. The immediate thought that day the professor starts by mentioning the upcoming final.

Nope. Stop right there, don't want to hear it.

9. When seeing all of the high school kids on campus tours all the time reminds you of the good old days.

You remember trying to decide where to go to school, and you wouldn't want to be in their place. But, if they're checking out your school, then they must be doing something right.

10. Getting closer and closer to finals, and wondering why you didn't drop that one impossible class when you had the chance.

Or, better yet: is there still time to drop out? Nah, think of how much time and money you would waste. You've come too far now, you've gotta finish strong.

11. When you can see that light at the end of the semester and really just don't care anymore.

Eh, why bother to read the textbook anymore or worry about an occasional bad grade? Not much you can do about it anyway, the semester is almost over.

12. Knowing summer is coming so you really should be working out, but also wanting to take advantage of every free minute you have to just chill.

Maybe next year you'll really commit to that summer bod. But probably not.

13. Trying to choose your new classes for next fall.

Why can't it just be as easy as high school, where the only choice we had to make was regular, honors, or AP?

14. Realizing how fast this school year went and how that just means you're a year closer to being an adult in the real world.

Please tell me how this happened. Weren't we just in kindergarten yesterday?

15. Feeling trapped because it seems to rain all the time and you have to walk everywhere.

Alright, enough with the April showers, where are those May flowers already?

16. When the weather finally starts to be pleasant and summer-like and all you want to do is soak it up, but you still have to go to class inside.

Can we please just have class outside? We've been trapped inside because of snow and rain for months, and now the sun has finally decided to make an appearance.

17. Finals week in a nutshell.

If only this were true. Imagine the things we could do.

18. Leaving your last final and dancing your way into the next few months of blissful freedom.

And lots of sleep and Netflix, of course.

Hang in there, everyone. We've made it this far, let's kill this home stretch!