The Scene That Should NOT Have Been Cut Out In 'P.S. I Still Love You'

This teen rom-com has flooded the internet with memes, emerging fandoms, and cheesy love quotes, but is nobody realizing that there is one scene we were cheated out of?! P.S. spoilers ahead!

5

We get it, it's cute.

"P.S. I Still Love You" was recently released as a sequel to "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" on Netflix, both based on novels written by Jenny Han. After nearly two years, fans were very excited that Netflix was releasing a sequel just in time for Valentine's Day 2020. The first movie has more than 80 million views on Netflix, but as for the second, fans are either into it or they're not.

The movie is receiving a variety of complaints, but one scene really irked me as a viewer.

Many viewers had various complaints about the movie, many relating to the fact that this sequel did not align with Han's original novels.

For starters, John Ambrose and Lara Jeans' relationship was not as explored in the movie as it was in the book. In the movie, their feelings were very surfaced, alluded to, and not so much acknowledged. Second, fans are not as in love with Peter Kavinsky as they used to be. Peter waited for Gen (ex-girlfriend) in the hot tub, knew about the leaked video that Gen used to humiliate Lara Jean, secretly hung out with her, plagiarized a poem, and made fun of John Ambrose's stutter. A friendly rivalry is emerging on the internet from the hard-core fans who are taking sides as "TEAM PETER" or "TEAM JOHN." Many believe Peter's actions didn't warrant him worthy as Lara Jean's first choice, making viewers sad for John Ambrose.

But can we talk about the treehouse scene with Lara Jean and Gen?

The audience never received clarity on what exactly happened between Gen and Lara Jean that made them become mortal enemies. Of course, we have gotten small details here and there about possible fights, but did these cat-fights anger Gen so much as to torture Lara Jean for years? I was itching to know what was discussed between Gen and Lara Jean in the treehouse, it was what we have been waiting for!

This series is about young love and all the drama that goes hand-and-hand with it, but I think the movie itself would have been even better if we saw some girl power and officially witnessed Gen and Lara Jean making up. Why was this scene glossed over with music and a slow shot exiting the treehouse? That was quality content we were cheated out on! Personally, I think keeping this scene would have added value to the movie by taking it a step further than boy-and-girl romance, it would have shown that sometimes a romantic relationship isn't worth the friendship of a childhood friend, AND that women have to stick together!

Overall, I enjoyed the sequel and hope a third gets released. Afterall, Lara Jean did say in reference to John Ambrose "I don't think it was our time then. I guess it isn't now either. But one day maybe it will be." Does this foreshadow a possible trilogy where John Ambrose finally gets Lara Jean? Hopefully.