The Royal Family's Best-Kept Secret

If you're a person living in the 21st century, then there's a good chance you've heard of and are familiar with the British royal family. And surrounding this family, there seems to always be gossip or news, or occasionally a scandal of some sort. Well I recently found out about another "conspiracy theory" about the British royal family, and unlike a lot of outlandish ones, like the idea that Princess Diana is still alive or that the Queen is a lizard-person (yes, there are actually people who believe this), this one seems real.

And what seems even more convincing is that nobody ever really talked about it! It was all swept under the rug and dismissed, but if you look at the evidence and the things we know about the family, it seems more and more like a well-kept secret than a crazy conspiracy.

So here's the secret: Prince Charles is not Prince Harry's father.

Now, that may seem outlandish as a stand-alone statement, but here's who this theory says the father is: Princess Diana's horse riding instructor, James Hewitt. He and Princess Diana had a five year affair while she and Prince Charles were married, and if you look at photographs of Hewitt, you will immediately notice the vast similarities between him and Prince Harry. For one thing, both of the men have very noticeably red hair, the exact same smile, and they share a very similar nose. The photos that are even more shocking are the side-by-side comparisons of Hewitt and Harry at the same age. All of this, coupled with the fact that Harry also looks nothing like Prince Charles, it makes this story seem more and more plausible.

As with any good conspiracy theory, there are some issues.

James Hewitt has been interviewed in the past and continues to deny that he is Prince Harry's father. Now, because the only woman who could truly confirm or deny this is no longer able to talk about it, we all just have to take his statements with a grain of salt, because yes, they could be statements made in truth, and he truly isn't Harry's father and their similar appearances are just a coincidence. Still, there is always the possibility that he is either lying or was lied to and told that he was not Harry's father.

Conspiracy or fact, it is definitely an interesting idea!