To The Roommate Whose Friendship I Never Thought Would End Up Broken

I'll never forget the week long sleepover we had watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

246
pexels.com

I don't know the statistics of how many friendships are broken due to living together. I think it would be fascinating to find out. I have always heard others, who are much wiser and older than me, suggest not living with any close friends.

I don't agree that that will always be the case. From personal experience, it can be the absolute best time of your life and strengthen a friendship even when you're now hours apart. But it can also end up in a broken friendship as I have also experienced.

So, to my previous roommate:

I don't regret taking the chance on living with you. I'm sad that things happened the way that they did, but I wouldn't trade the memories or the fun that we did have.

I don't regret missing out on the opportunity of rooming with other people that I had the chance to, even though that also ended up in loss friendships. I do believe that God placed you in my life for a purpose and the memories that we did share will last a lifetime.

I'm thankful for your endless help and selflessness that you showed in some of the absolute hardest times in my life. I'll never forget the week-long sleepover where we took the mattress into the living room and stayed up all night watching Hallmark Christmas movies and talking. Sorry I fell asleep on you.

Side note: I highly encourage this for all your roommates. This is one of the best bonding methods yet.

I'm sorry for all of the mistakes that I did make and how things ended. As humans, we do make mistakes, sometimes out of emotions, and unfortunately, we cannot take things back once they're said. I have chosen not to be upset anymore and I do pray that one day you're able to forgive me as I've forgiven you. I do wish you all the best and I pray that you're happy. I will always, without a doubt, be there for you if and when you ever need.

Love always,

Me.

If you're reading this and believe that it will never apply to you, you may be right! Honestly, I hope that you don't go through this.

This circumstance doesn't always happen and there are so many friendships who do last through conflict because let's face it conflict does and will happen. However, I never thought that this would ever happen to me and that my friendships were strong enough. God can restore friendships and I believe that if it is meant to be then it will be, but if He closed that door then we just need to just let it be shut.

While I will never understand why it had to happen this way, I've learned to accept it and that the only way to truly recover is to "Let Go and Let God" because He will always have the best plans for me.