Why Text Language Is Annoying Af

Why Text Language Is Annoying Af

Why you should start using proper English while texting

52
Why Text Language Is Annoying Af
Her Campus

The texting language versus real english language can be frustrating for some. You're texting someone who uses "ur" or with out any punctuation. While there you are using proper english with perfect punctuation. You ask yourself "do they even care"? And to be honest they don't care about what there sentences look like since they aren't writing a paper. So why does it piss us off so much?

The social media language contains short sentences or maybe just letters making up half a sentence. So instead of the proper "Hey! How are you?" they use "hey how r u". To us this presents the other friend to be careless, and how much effort they put into to a response. People refer texting language to be short and simple and something not worth going crazy about. They don't care for perfection if they aren't being graded on it. Some would fight that text language can hurt the writers english writing because the lack of trying. While the texter is using "hey how r u" they are not practicing proper English and punctuation and if they get too used to it it could hurt them in the long run. Meanwhile the other texter is constantly practicing proper English and is always learning to correct themselves.

But... is it really important? to the people on the other side who care it is. To us who care about proper english it pisses us off. We almost want to throw out phone when the first "hey how r u" comes through.

Please, please, please don't make us into that ^ because we want to talk to you but with proper english. It is super annoying to text someone and get a short effortless response.