Ain't Nobody Got Time To Screw Around At Zoom University

Thought you were going to have plenty of free time this fall semester? Yeah, you weren't the only one.

10

If you're one of the thousands of students that had to stay home this semester due to COVID-19, you're not alone

And, like many other students, you may be realizing that Zoom University isn't all it's cracked up to be. Teachers and professors have (sort of) gotten their sh*t together and are actually starting to teach again. It's horrifying, and I seriously don't like it, but the last thing I expected was my family to be a part of the problem.

My parents don't seem to understand that I have WORK to do outside of my classes, which completely baffles me

I've been asked to go on numerous errands since the start of the semester, and I'm tired of it. Like, who really needs to get hot dog buns during the middle of the day? And why does my mom assume that I have time to do laundry in the middle of my philosophy class? Oh, and don't even get me started on how many times my sister has asked if I could take her to Walmart this week.

Also, I was surprised to see how little my job understood about online classes, because, contrary to popular opinion, a college freshman cannot work six-hour shifts at least four days a week

Granted I'm taking more classes than the average freshman, but the point here is that I barely have enough free time to shower, let alone go to work and serve a bunch of boomers and Karens.

If you're struggling with tackling online learning then I get it, half of the college students in the U.S. get it, so don't forget that we're all in this together (I hope you read that in tune to the HSM song). It's going to be a long rest of the semester but hopefully, we can all get through it with a little procrastination and a lot of patience.

I am learning that communication is key here, so go sit down and have a chat with your family, your manager, your advisor, your dog, or whomever you need to talk to and explain to them that online school isn't messing around anymore

It's time to act like a big kid, and if you want to survive then you're going to need to buckle up and prepare for the hellish and bumpy ride that is Zoom University.