The Phases Of College We All Go Through Spongebob Style

Mrs. Puff: "You need 600 to pass. You got 6."

220
http://4hdwallpapers.com

Being a college student living with other college students, I've experienced and seen many phases of college that almost everyone will go through. Some phases may seem like the end of the world, but they're all worth it in the end when you're feeling like a success!

College usually seems stressful to most. Even on days when you don't have a lot of work or studying to do, it seems like you're still thinking about what there is that you could be doing for a class.

The phases begin right as college begins. Shall we go through them? The answer is yes. Yes we shall:

The excited but nervous phase.

You're living in a new place with new people and attending new classes. The excitement and nerves play a big part in your adjustment.

The "I'm not ready to live on my own or grow up" phase.

You're not used to doing your own laundry and you're constantly wishing you were a kid again.

The party phase.

No matter how hard you try to stop it, dancing continues to take over your body.

The "I don't know what I want to do with my life" phase.

You've debated on changing your major more than 4,938 times and add/drop classes like it's your job.

The stopped caring phase.

You don't seem to care about school work anymore and can only think about the next school break.

The loner phase.

We all go through a period of time when we feel distant or in our own little world.

The stressed obsessive cleaner phase.

The idea of how much work and studying you have to get done stresses you out, so instead of doing it like you should, you stress clean.

The giving up phase.

"37 papers due tomorrow, 23 exams next week, and 19 projects due on Tuesday; do all of this while simultaneously standing on your head and reciting the alphabet backwards"; the expectations professors have for you seem this high, so sometimes you debate on giving up.

The studious phase.

It's time to get all of this work done! You'll most likely sit in the library for a week straight and feel as if you just transformed into the smartest person in the world.

The nerd phase.

This is the period of time where you're acing all of your exams and papers or doing well overall, so you feel victorious.

The entering a new semester phase

A new semester means new classes, which also means it's time to get rid of all the old information in your head and make room for the new information!

The low meal plan phase

We've all hit this phase before; you're spending too much money on your meal plan and need to cut back by doing whatever it takes.

The broke college student phase

Whether you're buying something on amazon for $200.00 or for $2.00, you're still too broke to afford it and constantly refer to yourself as "just another broke college student."

The "like a boss" phase.

Whether you feel great about your outfit or your exam grade, during this phase you feel like an absolute boss and no one can do or say anything to tear you down.

The eating everything in sight phase.

Every single food you see, you want to eat. This could be stress eating, bored eating, or really anything else, but if your eyes see it, your mouth will want it.

The nothing seems to go your way phase.

You could wake up and say to yourself, "Today is going to be a great day", but then as soon as you walk out the door, something happens to ruin it (the good thing about this phase is it can be turned into something to laugh over instead of dwell over)!

The mental breakdown phase.

We all hit a point where we break down, even over the littlest things. Everything could build up and then simply dropping your pencil will make you hit Rock Bottom (Spongebob pun intended).

The making it through another year phase

You did it! You made it through another year!

The happiness with friends never ending "phase."

Though most of these phases seem stressful, yet relatable, that's OK. At the end of every day, you are surrounded by the friends that turned into family, and that's the most important part.

They may be daily experiences for you and you've probably experienced them numerous times already. We all go through them. It's normal to be stressed and to spend a day crying, just like how it's normal to forget about homework for a day and spend quality time with your friends.

These phases of college are normal and quite frankly, if you don't go through them, then you're not really getting the entire college experience! Becoming educated and getting a degree means suffering through some stress and hard times-it happens to all of us!