To The People Who Can’t Move On

To The People Who Can’t Move On

We've all been the person that can't move on at some point.

257
To The People Who Can’t Move On

I wrote this as my first semester of my sophomore year was coming to a close and I think this rant will always be relevant to my life:

Honestly, dude, move on. That’s what I want to say to the boy that keeps texting my BFF late at night when he comes home from going out. I know that regret he feels in the morning all too well. So, dude, it is time. Move on.

OK, if you’re part of my squad you’re probably going to roast me later for this, so I’ll just go ahead and say it — I’m a hypocrite.

Since the beginning of high school, I’ve had this trend in my life of never being able to move on. I’ll say I’ve moved on, but you all remember last summer or the beginning of first semester freshman year OR throwing it way back to 9th grade or I’ll even stretch that sh*t back to 7th grade.

But, if I’ve learned anything, the answer is always to move on. Someone doesn’t have feelings for you, move on. Your friend brings you down, move on. Your family doesn’t like him? Move on the heck on. He’s clingy and you’re not down for that? Move on. Your long-distance friend never calls you? Move on.

OK, maybe I’m just roasting everyone for all the things I can’t get over, but for real — you have to let it all go or you’ll never be happy.

I love the feeling when you’re coming up from rock bottom and you think “wow, I really can’t remember the last time I felt so free.” This is literally the best feeling in the world.

The other day, I told one of my friends I met in college that I felt like I had lost a lot of friends since starting our sophomore year. And, you know what? I have lost a few friends and I’m fine with that. I’m letting go of fake friends and people who bring me down.

I lost a few friends but I’m OK with that.

Let them go.