6 Things 'The Notebook' Taught Us, Even Though Old-Fashioned Dating Is Dead In 2019

And yes, we know it's not a real love story...

1581

The Notebook was one of the most iconic movies when it came out in 2004, and this week we're celebrating its 15th anniversary. It gave us so much hope to find true love and taught people that love isn't always perfect, but there's a perfect love out there for everyone. Here are a few other things that The Notebook taught us that won't be leaving our minds anytime soon.

1. Love isn't perfect

Watching Allie and Noah's journey taught viewers and readers that love isn't perfect at all. You can argue, disagree, get angry at each other, and still love each other all the same. It's not always about finding a prince charming but finding someone who you're so in love with that you can't stand to be with anyone else.

2. Don't give up

Did Noah give up on Allie even though they were apart for so many years? Not a single bit. They both knew that they grew apart and that they had grown into other people and really grew up, but that doesn't mean that you just give up on one another. It's okay to change and continuously learn about each other and not give up on each other when you know you've found the right person.

3. Don't give in too easily

Allie made Noah work for it and prove that he was worth her time and look how it all turned out. They both didn't fully budge on an argument, but they always worked it out. It's okay to be a little bit stubborn sometimes, especially when it comes to having someone prove to you that they want you in their life or is about something you really care about. You don't always have to give in because it's what someone else wants you to do.

4. Put your whole heart into whatever you do

Noah and Allie's relationship had so much heart into it, but Noah also put so much heart and soul into everything he did. He was extremely loyal to his friends, he busted his butt when it came to any job he did - especially building that house - and he was a great example of putting your heart into everything you do. It might seem a little bit crazy, but if your heart isn't fully into something, are you really giving it your all?

5. It's okay to follow your heart

Sometimes what your mind and what everyone else is telling you isn't always what's best for you. Think about Allie and Lon. They were a textbook couple and everyone thought they were so perfect together. Sometimes, it's not about making everyone else around you happy but if you truly feel in your heart and your gut that you need to do something, throw caution to the wind. It's okay to take some chances if your heart is telling you to do so.

6. Fight for what you love

Allie's parents hated Noah. They thought he wasn't good enough for her and that they shouldn't be together. They basically ripped them apart, but both Allie and Noah fought it because they knew it wasn't right. They may have let her parents win in the short-term, but in the long-term, they both knew it was right and they fought for what they wanted and they won.

So sob on, anyone who watches this because they need to feel a deep love story and cry it out. It's okay to remember the things this story taught us and to daydream about our own love story measuring up to this. Who wouldn't?!