Poetry On Odyssey: The Not-So-Wonderful Days

Learn to love yourself for who you are
12

You precious and unblemished girl, at least that is what you are known for, your body so different and your personality so naïve

Please do not feel convinced that this is you though because you are strong and so beautiful that your mind can write novels

Somewhere deep down, though, you feel so lost and empty.

Your mind is not clicking with reality once in awhile

This all happens once in awhile, though, so please do not think this is you either.

The cocoon you built around yourself does not even feel safe because the voices in your mind laugh at how weak you can be

You do not tell people how you feel because only you know this feeling it is an indescribable silent cry that only you hear, your voice feels unheard, your vision on how you look and feel begin to change and the people around you feel distant while your mind feels numb.

You are so strong, though, you wonderful woman, you.

You look at all of your insecurities and wonder how you could have any.

People all fight battles that everyone is unaware of, mine is my killer-mind. I may not have smarts and wits; I may not be as pretty or as fit

But my mind is raging and will probably never quit.

I can get through every day, I promise, just some days seem longer than others. Please just promise that you all will always be here for me no matter how far I go

You are always you and that cannot change.

Love yourself the way you were created, and maybe, just maybe, loving yourself can get a whole lot easier.