An Open Letter To The Year 2018

An Open Letter To The Year 2018

A new year, and yes that absolutely means new anything and everything

5...4...3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR! For many, this is the most exciting countdown of every year… But why? What is the big difference between December 31st and January 1st? It’s simple, the fact that a new year is simply NEW!

A whole 365 days of new things to look forward too such as birthdays, holidays, yearly traditions. For some this year it may even be Graduation, getting married, retiring, going on that trip you’ve been waiting for, meeting “the one,” or even getting a new car. The opportunities are endless.

2018… You excite me! The thought of all the possible possibilities is amazing and frightening at the same time! You are a milestone year, and yes you are the same as every new year, except the fact that this is the only 2018!So start the year out with resolutions, or don't, but whichever you decide start out the year happy. Leave 2017 in the year 2017 and let 2018 make its way. The year 2018, you have so much potential, it constantly makes me wonder what will happen. The new year for some reason always brings up hopes and dreams, and goals.

2018, I hope you bring happiness and joy, with little pain and sadness. I hope you bring new opportunities in my life and keep my loved ones safe and close by. I hope you bring millions of memories that last a lifetime, so I can look back and say "oh remember the year 2018 when this happened?"

You are not just a year, a number of days, or hours, 2018... You are a sense of hope and happiness. You are excitement and opportunities. You are the chance to begin anything new life brings.

So 2018, I AM READY for you! Let the fun, chaos, happiness, and everything began, and never end.