To The Most Wonderful Mom Ever

To The Most Wonderful Mom Ever

You truly deserve more than the world and stars combined. I love you, Momma.
38

This day comes around every year and we constantly ask our moms and grandmothers and so on what they want for this special occasion. We typically get the same response of "I just want to spend this day with you," or "I don't want anything special," or some heartfelt explanation of "I just want you to grow up and be happy and to truly be yourself as that is the greatest gift you could give me." Well as many may know, this response gets old and annoying pretty fast. We know you truly do want us to grow and be happy, but after all these years of you giving us gifts, we want to return the favor.

Momma, I don't even know where to begin. You are the strongest and most beautiful woman, inside and out, that I have ever met. You always give no matter what, even if you don't have the money or the time to. From day one, we always knew you had our backs. You worked so hard to make our lives the most enjoyable that you could. In our early childhood you were a single mother working hard to pay bills and to supply for your three kids at the time. No, we didn't have fancy things or a lot of money, but the fact that you worked hard and came home to shower us in nothing but your love was enough to make everyone happy. The love and happiness that you gave us doesn't even begin to cover that amount of gratitude and respect us kids have for you. You were always there, even when you didn't have to be.

I remember you coming to all of mine and my siblings school field trips. It just made the day so much more fun. And now as we have gotten older, the days and moments we share are much more fun and cherishing. Even now you still pester us about school and aggravate us just for the fun of it. You still tickle me to death and hold me like a child when I need you. You always listen to me and my problems and are always there to give me the best wisdom and knowledge you have. I know I can always come to you about anything because you will always understand me and comfort me when I feel like drowning in my own insecurities. You always try to see things from my perspective and I love you for that. I may give you hell sometimes (less now than from when I was a kid), but you never give up on me or any of your kids for that matter. You are always rooting us on for anything we strive to do in life. It doesn't matter if our profession we aspire to have one day makes a lot of money a year or not, you just care that we reach our dreams and make them a reality.

And don't even get me started on how caring you are. You have the biggest heart I know and that is a trait you don't see in many people these days. You always have a beautiful smile on your face and something quirky to say which is just adorable. You are so kind and sensitive to the world and the people around you and you always let me know that it is okay to be sensitive because that is a trait we share. As I have gotten older, I have realized how much alike I am to you. And I am beginning to love it. We both share an igniting compassion for everyone and everything and we both love with all of our hearts. We are both sensitive to our surroundings which can make us emotional at times, but I'd like to believe that's just because we understand more than we give ourselves credit for. We both carry burdens bigger than us sometimes but you always pick us back up even when I can't pick myself up. I aspire to be like that one day.

The bond between you and I, Momma, doesn't just cover a relationship between a daughter and a mother, or even between two best friends. No, the bond we have is much greater. Our bond is like the connection between the sun and the earth, or between you and Phantom of the Opera; one can't live without the other (don't worry, I love that movie just as much. We seriously wouldn't be able to live without it). I am so grateful I have you in my life, even if I don't always show it. I have been blessed with an angel for a mother and I hope one day my children will look at me the same way.

So can't you see Momma (and other moms out there), we simply ask what you want because we know we can never give you what you deserve; the universe and more. Oh well, since you still won't budge, I guess you're stuck with more flowers and a card.

I love you, Momma.