The Moments To Remember

The Moments To Remember

It's all about the little moments that make a big impact.
7

In life, there are moments that you know you will always remember; the highlights and major events that happen. But the moments that really matter are the ones that don't seem so important at the time. The late nights with friends that consist of endless fits of laughter, the days you spend doing nothing at all but with your best friend by your side. When I look back at my life in 20 years, these are the moments I want to remember--the little moments that have a big impact.

When you think back on your college experience, it's going to be a blur of late nights studying and weekends with friends. When you're older and your kids are going off to college, you're going to remember all the stupid things you did when you were young. The moments you remember when they ask you about your college years should be the little moments that were way more important than you originally thought.

The moments you don't expect to matter are the ones that do. When you have high expectations of a party or another person, it sets you up the possibility for disappointment. The best moments are the ones that you didn't expect anything from. The nights where you end up sitting on the floor in your friend's room, when you laugh so hard you forget what even caused it in the first place; those are the nights worth remembering.

Don't take anything for granted. Time is moving so much faster than we think, and four years are going to be over in a blink of an eye. When they're up, we'll just wish we could have more time. Instead of wishing for more time, make the most of what what you have now. Embrace the moments when you're surrounded by friends who are more like a family, because those are the memories you're going to want to keep forever.

The reality is, one day we're all going to grow up and all the crazy sh*t you do now it just going to be hilarious memories. So stop worrying about what other people think and live your life the way you want to. Make the most of every day because even if nothing major happens, there will always be a little moment worth cherishing. Do the things that make you happy with the people who make you even happier.

All those random nights you thought were so insignificant, those are actually the nights that matter the most. They are the moments worth cherishing because once they're gone, that's it. Live in the moment and live for the little moments.