The Mistress

The Mistress

An original poem by Rachel Kiser
85

My love,

My heart bleeds for you,

Slowly drowning myself

Slowly dying within my own

Heartbreak.

Every time I think of you,

I lose a piece of my soul.

A piece that is forever torn and discarded

Like a forgotten toy.

Dusty

Dismembered

Deteriorated

The drug was your true love

And I was your mistress.

She is the type of beauty that can only

Evolve from true euphoria.

A heart wrenching

Consuming

Throb that has you feeling outside reality.

A “reality” I cant give you.

She is the perfect lover.

Her taste leaves you hungry for more

A salivation you can’t quench.

She wraps her ghostly arms around

You in a warm embrace,

One that truly open your mind and body.

True soul mates.

I can understand why you chose her.

Her body curves graciously with every

Drag.

Her tongue whispers such spells I could never

Cast.

She makes you

Moan

Whimper

Beg for more.

She knows where to touch you

Where to kiss you

Where to fuck you

An existential orgasm.

Something inconceivable by any

Other

You slinked out late at night to indulge in our forbidden love.

You hid our secret to preserve your addiction.

You inject your veins with a feeling I will never give you.

When you are with her,

I become an anomaly.

Our past

Our love

Our memories

Cannot be found

At the bottom of a pipe

At the bottom of a handle

At the bottom of a bottle.

I only wish you could have loved me as much as you loved her.

Maybe if you did

We would still be together.

We would create our own beautiful reality

Our own toxic love story.

The crossing of the stars

Creating a downward spiral

That ends in dystopia.

But it would be ours.

It would be us.

It would be beautiful.

Because it would be with you.

Cover Image Credit: Personal

3 Reasons Why Step Dads Are Super Dads

67803

I often hear a lot of people complaining about their step-parents and wondering why they think that they have any authority over them. Although I know that everyone has different situations, I will be the first to admit that I am beyond blessed to have a step dad. Yep, I said it. My life wouldn't be the same that it is not without him in it. Let me tell you why I think step dads are the greatest things since sliced bread.

1. They will do anything for you, literally.

My stepdad has done any and every thing for me. From when I was little until now. He was and still is my go-to. If I was hungry, he would get me food. If something was broken, he would fix it. If I wanted something, he would normally always find a way to get it. He didn't spoil me (just sometimes), but he would make sure that I was always taken care of.

SEE ALSO: The Thank You That Step-Parents Deserve

2. Life lessons.

Yup, the tough one. My stepdad has taught me things that I would have never figured out on my own. He has stood beside me through every mistake. He has been there to pick me up when I am down. My stepdad is like the book of knowledge: crazy hormonal teenage edition. Boy problems? He would probably make me feel better. He just always seemed to know what to say. I think that the most important lesson that I have learned from my stepdad is: to never give up. My stepdad has been through three cycles of leukemia. He is now in remission, yay!! But, I never heard him complain. I never heard him worry and I never saw him feeling sorry for himself. Through you, I found strength.

3. He loved me as his own.

The big one, the one that may seem impossible to some step parents. My stepdad is not actually my stepdad, but rather my dad. I will never have enough words to explain how grateful I am for this man, which is why I am attempting to write this right now. It takes a special kind of human to love another as if they are their own. There had never been times where I didn't think that my dad wouldn't be there for me. It was like I always knew he would be. He introduces me as his daughter, and he is my dad. I wouldn't have it any other way. You were able to show me what family is.

So, dad... thanks. Thanks for being you. Thanks for being awesome. Thanks for being strong. Thanks for loving me. Thanks for loving my mom. Thanks for giving me a wonderful little sister. Thanks for being someone that I can count on. Thanks for being my dad.

I love you!