The Meaning Behind The Mouse

The Meaning Behind The Mouse

Disney is more than just a brand, It is about the heartbeat of Walt Disney himself.

55
The Meaning Behind The Mouse

Okay, the Disney chain is well known around the world with Walt Disney parks in Florida, Japan, Hong Kong, California and Hawaii. But my passion and love for Disney goes beyond the songs, parks, movies, it comes from the heartbeat of the man behind it all. Elias "Walt" Disney himself.

This man's imagination, determination, and moral standards are the core of my love for Disney. Elias Walt Disney was born on December 5, 1901. When Disney's family moved to Marceline, Missouri, Walt developed a passion for drawing and the arts. In 1911, they moved to Kansas. Walt attended Kansas City Art Institute. After being an ambulance driver for Red Cross, he returned to Kansas where he worked as an apprentice artist at Penmen-Rubin Commercial Art Studio. There he met his lifelong friend and business partner, Ub Iwerks.

In January 1920, Walt and Iwerks opened their own studio and later produced Laugh-O-Grams. However, they were not earning enough to keep the company going so they went bankrupt. In 1923, Walt's brother, Roy, and Walt opened Walt Disney Brother's studio. Over the next few years, Walt went through cycles of bankruptcy and lots of coworkers except Ub Iweks.

However, in 1928, Mickey Mouse was created and became a hit and started producing Silly Symphonies. Even around this success Walt still went through another cycle of bankruptcy and staff losses. But he never let that slow him down.

In 1937, he created his first full-length animation, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." On July 17, 1955, he opened his first amusement park Disneyland in Anaheim. He then started blueprints for Walt Disney that opened on October 1, 1971.

Over his lifetime Walt won 26 Academy, 3 Golden Globes and 1 Emmy award. Sadly Walt left us on December 15, 1966. Walt Disney is one of my biggest role models. His passion for his dreams, his determination, and his persistence to never give up on his goals will have me in awe. He has taught me so much through his movies.

In his 1950 creation Cinderella, he taught me that no matter how people treat you, you should always have the courage and be kind and be optimistic and have a happy heart no matter what life throws at you.

Belle taught me to always see the good in people; to seek adventures and that it is okay to stick out from the crowd because that just means you are unique and beautiful in your own way.

The Lion King taught me that the past can hurt, but you can either run from it or learn from it and to remember to stay true to the core part of who you are.

Walt Disney is built on happiness and true expression of our inner child. He showed me that being a child doesn't stop when you are 7, that no matter what age you can have fun and smile and play around. Walt Disney and his work will always have me in awe. He is one of America's most influential figures and his work to this day continues to grow. Even though he is no longer with us in person. He will always be in my heart.

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and laughter is forever." - Walt Disney

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney