The Mandela Effect Explored

The Mandela Effect Explored

Fact or Fiction?

18
The Mandela Effect Explored
Berenstein Bears

Chances are you are one of the few, perhaps fortunate people, who have yet to hear of this phenomena. Alas, thanks to the guidance of the likes of Shane Dawson; most of us have. In case you really haven’t, the Mandela Effect is basically a theory of parallel universes, saying that since there are large groups of people with similar mis-rememberings of a particular event, there must be some alternative universe in which their particular recollection is actually the correct one, and we are constantly switching between these two realities. Freak-ay.

The reason it has been coined the “Mandela’’ effect, is because alarmingly many people remember Nelson Mandela dying while in prison back in the 80s, even though in (this) reality, he passed away in 2013. Now it might be alright if this was the only example, but it really isn’t. Here a few more just to confuse you even more:

1. Monopoly dude don’t actually got a monocle.
  2. The Berenstein Bears aren’t actually the Berenstein Bears; they’re the BerenSTAIN Bears.
  3. The Mona Lisa is actually cracking a grin instead of her supposed sour expression.
  4. Mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all? Nope, it’s ‘’Magic mirror on the wall’’.
  5. Poor Luke never even got mentioned in the famous “I am your father’’ line.

Whether you believe these are truly a side-effect of the existence of parallel universes, or just a case of mass bad memory, it is undeniable that every person who hears of the Mandela Effect has that special WTF moment when they realise the life they knew to be true was a lie all along (Looney Toons being Looney Tunes in this reality did it for me, seriously, WTF?).