The leaders of our lives
Politics

The Leaders Of Our Lives

From past to present, the world has created leaders to change the course of our history forever. Some good, some bad, but each leaving us with something to change the world.

361
The Leaders Of Our Lives
Photo by Hermes Rivera on Unsplash

Throughout time, there have been hundreds of leaders who have shown power, strength, respect, confidence and a million of other attributes but only so many have inspired and left us with their bravery and knowledge about life. Not all of these leaders have been good people, but have still found ways for hundreds or even millions to follow their lead and change the course of history.

Winston Churchill turned World War II around and led the country to a victory. He gave the world hope and he aimed for a better life, not just for himself, but for the country and possibly the whole world. He once stated, "Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." These leaders gave people the opportunity to fight for what they believed in, to stand up and show everybody that the world is big, but a very small place at the same time. One man (or woman) really can change the world.

One world leader who caused destruction, known to the entire world as Adolf Hitler, was one of the most malicious and wicked leaders of the Nazi Party. Taking control of Germany, he eventually orchestrated the murder of over six billion people who were of Jewish descent, living in Germany; making his way into World War II in the 19th century. He was manipulative but had great power within his deranged points of view. Some people saw this man as brilliant, some still do; that's why they continued to follow in his lead, helping him gain confidence and become more powerful.

Look at Martin Luther King Jr., a Baptist minister and social activist, brought thousands of men and women to the streets to fight for equality, freedom and peace in his nonviolent Civil Rights Movement for the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act. He taught and he inspired thousands of people, especially African Americans who were not treated as equals in a world full of white people who demanded to be in charge.

MLKM.L.K, a leaderPhoto by Ricardo Gomez Angel on Unsplash

Steve Jobs, a technological genius of the 21st century changed the world for technology users and communication between businesses, corporations and even your average community. Jobs was known to a lot of people as not being the kindest, most loyal or most patient because he took his work very seriously. Jobs expected everybody to follow in his lead and believe that his ideas were the most reliable and ultimately the ones that would make the biggest impact. Still loved by millions for his inventions and his dedication to the company, he inspired people all over the world to think bigger and better; many believe the world would not be where we are at today without these products. Loved to his family as a man with perseverance, power, and the confidence to invent and revolutionize the working word, he never went a day without people standing by his brilliance.

iPhone 7Photo by Sara Kurfeß on Unsplash

Working on an Oprah Winfrey, one of the most influential leader for women and young women of the world has made millions and millions of dollars, changing people's lives and doing good for the world. From writing books to starring in movies and tv shows (such as her talk show), there is not a thing that this woman can't do. She has made the impossible, possible. In 1993 The National Child Protection Act was passed and known to people as the "Oprah Bill". Being an advocate of this act allowed her to get involved and make the working world safer for everybody with nationwide background checks and for potential employees for businesses.

Oprah WinfreyPhoto Taken by WSG Mag

These are just a few random influencers of the nation/world, but have impacted and changed many lives through their time of being alive. Not everybody grows up to change the course of history, but these people have made it a life goal to not only bring awareness to situations and problems that the world faces every day, but created solutions that have led to happier and healthier living.