The Last Week Of High School

The Last Week Of High School

My senior year has been so different than what I expected.

2
The Last Week Of High School
Photo by Jen Theodore on Unsplash

Starting off my senior year, everything was going well. A couple of months in my senior year I started having some health problems. Because of this, I had to be pulled out of school for more than a few days. However, we got things back to normal and I've been good ever since.

However, as soon as things started to go back to normal for me, the world had other ideas. This, of course, being the whole global pandemic situation. At first, we were all happy that we had 2 weeks off. We didn't have any other breaks scheduled in March but we were sure that we were going to return late March. As soon as I heard the news that school was canceled, I started crying. At first, I didn't believe that school was going to be online for the rest of the semester. I was so sad that I wasn't going to see the rest of my classmates for the rest of the year. Sad that I wasn't going to have a prom, sad that I wasn't going to get a graduation ceremony or a graduation party. Overall, I was just sad about how everything was turning out and I know a lot of other seniors felt the same way.

However, this week was supposed to be so special, and it still is. Just in its own unique way in quarantine. This week is the last week of high school for me and so many other seniors. And that's such an exciting week! If we were still in school we'd be celebrating, we'd even get pizza from our school to celebrate. We'd have our send off and even practice walking for graduation. It's always such a fun and exciting atmosphere.

Even though this entire year wasn't how I planned, things don't usually go to plan, do they? However, that's sometimes the best thing that can happen.