The Inside Scoop On The San Fermin Band

The Inside Scoop On The San Fermin Band

An interview with the bandleader himself, Ellis Ludwig-Leone.

52
The Inside Scoop On The San Fermin Band
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/10/06/636429052614144918722948038__images_uploads_gallery_san_fermin_band_photo_-credit_denny_renshaw-_wide-d5487a358a6055bd85a5b49efef6d358edd4e302.jpg

This Brooklyn based group is known for their unique eight piece band that consists of two lead singers and their variety of instrumentalists, making their sound very unique. If you have not listened to the San Fermin band, get ready to be blown away as you listen to their newest album Belong.

Being a huge fan myself, I was fortunate to get the inside scoop on the band themselves by having a interview with the band leader, Ellis Ludwig- Leone. When talking to Leone I was overwhelmed as to what the perfect interview questions to ask were so I started off asking the band leader about what sparked his musical interest. I then learned when Ellis was eight years old he started to take piano lessons and from there his musical journey started.

After having the usual how did you get started talk, I decided to not just fan girl over the band but actually learn about the artist himself and all of the interesting things that Leone had to share. In order to find out this information I asked Ludwig-Leone what his most memorable experience with the band so far as he has embarked on this journey of a cross country tour and if he had the opportunity to collab with any artist who would it be?

For Ludwig and the band being from Brooklyn, their homecoming show in New York was one of the most memorable things that have happened since the start of their journey. Since Ludwig's family and friends live so close to the venue they were all about to come support the band and celebrate with them after. In the interview, Ludwig said how looking out into the crowd and seeing all his friends and family there was something so special and then being able to go out to a bar and celebrate their success was even better.

Now for who Ludwig would collab with is something many people don't really know. When asking the artist, his response was Kate Bush. Bush is a British singer from the 80s and 90s and someone the artist enjoys listening too. Just like every artist, having that one person they look up too inspires them to do great things. For Ludwig and the band, they just recently produced and put on record their new album called Belong.

Belong is unlike any of Ludwigs' other songs he has written. As said from the artist himself it is one of the first times he has fully talked about his anxiety he has had since he was a kid. Being that Ludwig has now given his music to his new album a personal slant, it gave the band a new sound and voice unlike they have ever done before. For myself, music with a meaning is what makes a song so special and Ludwig and his band has done a terrific job at doing so.

If you would like to see the San Fermin band LIVE, come out to their show in Orlando on October 22nd at The Social! If you can't make it, go checkout the bands website http://www.sanferminband.com/tour/ to find more details there!