The Inconveniences Of Losing Weight

The Inconveniences Of Losing Weight

No one ever thinks how losing weight can be inconvenient, but sometimes it really is.
2563

Weight loss is a great thing, especially when you are as heavy as I was. Many great things have come from me losing weight like not feeling winded just from walking down the hall, my joints not aching even while sitting, and the unbelievable amount of confidence I've gained.

While these are common things that you've probably heard from people who've lost a lot of weight, there's an aspect that hardly ever gets brought up is the negatives of weight loss.

Your clothes quickly stop fitting right.

Those jeans you just bought a week ago? Yep, they're already too big and just look bad. Thankfully, shirts can last a little longer before they completely swallow your body. This is the most frustrating part I've found to losing weight. It feels as if I'm constantly buying clothes that are only going to fit for a couple of weeks, and that it's an endless (and expensive) cycle.

You start to receive unwanted attention.

I'll admit that I've always been jealous of my friends who have received a lot of attention from guys. Now that I'm thinner, I'm starting to receive some of that attention. I don't know what I was jealous of. Some of the messages I get on my Instagram make me want to crawl in a hole and hide.

Your body starts to feel foreign.

I know this statement sounds strange, but it's true! You start to feel bones and tendons and such that you weren't able to feel before since they were covered with fat. It's weird to me because sometimes, I'll be like, "Oh, I didn't even know what was there and it's my body." I feel like I'm a baby learning about my body than the 20-year old I actually am.

You still see your old self sometimes.

This is something I've heard from multiple people who've lost weight. It's been one of the most disheartening and frustrating parts of losing weight. No matter how good I feel, sometimes I still see the size I was just a few months ago. The only thing to do is push that image away and feel proud of your accomplishment so far.

While the pros outweigh the cons greatly, there are still some negative things about losing weight. I hope that if you're losing weight and have been struggling with a couple or all of these things, that you know it's not just you!