The Ideal Non-Sticky Sunscreen: For Your Next Bike Trip

If you are a frequent cyclist, it is critical that you protect your skin from sun damage and dangers.

6

The weather in Australia may be erratic and bizarre. One day there can be heavy rain and dreary weather, and the following day the sun may shine brightly enough to scorch your skin.

People who like riding and spend the majority of their time outside in the sun are at risk of developing severe sunburns, which can lead to skin cancer and premature aging. Wearing sunscreen is just as vital as wearing your safety equipment.

However, everyone's skin is different, and each person needs a spf50 sunscreen to keep them safe on their bike ride. No one enjoys greasy sunscreens that make you sweat more and make you frustrated, stopping you from enjoying your time.

So, how do you pick a non-greasysunscreen in Australia, despite the fact that there are millions of Australian sunscreen brands? One that won't inhibit performance while yet being tough enough to keep up with you?

Why is it essential to use sunscreen?

You cannot be presumed to be sun-free just by wearing long sleeves, gloves, hats, sunglasses, and so on when you are outside. These items, on the other hand, will make you hot and frustrated to be outside. Instead, wearing sunscreen will protect you not only from UV radiation but also from uneven skin tone. Sun protection should be a part of your pre-ride routine no matter what time of year you're out on your bike.

What should you look for when purchasing the best sport sunscreen?

• Waterproof and perspiration resistance: Because you'll be biking and sweating for lengthy periods of time, it's essential to select a sunscreen that won't mix with water or sweat, leaving it creasy or unpleasant on your skin. Water may also remove sunscreen from your skin faster, which is why it is always recommended to check how long the sunscreen is sweat and water-resistant.
  • Sunscreen's key role is to prevent both UVA and UVB radiation. Each sunscreen has a distinct SPF that varies in percentage of how well it protects your skin from UV radiation. An SPF 15 sunscreen blocks 93 % of rays, whereas an SPF 30 sunscreen blocks 96 %, and an SPF 50 sunscreen prevents the most sun radiations from your skin. It is preferable to use sunscreen with an SPF30 or higher

How does sunscreen work on the skin?

There are two types of sunscreen available in the market: Physical and Chemical. Sunscreens that contain zinc oxide and titanium dioxide and provide a physical barrier on the skin. They do not penetrate to reach living skin cells or the bloodstream. The other type, chemical sunscreens, use avobenzone and is absorbed into the skin.

How much or how to apply sunscreen properly?

Sunscreens must be applied in suitable levels that are neither too much nor too little. The following points explain how much sunscreen is required before venturing out into the blazing heat.

• Take a sufficient amount of cream to fill a shot glass.
  • Be careful to apply it evenly to your face, hands, and legs. Especially the sections that are left uncovered and directly exposed to the sun when cycling.
  • Pay particular attention to your lips, back neck, front and rear of your ears, tops of your knees, and calves.
  • Apply the sunscreen 15-20 minutes prior to allow it to fully absorb into your skin.
  • If you're going on a lengthy ride, make sure to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.

Are there any ingredients that one should avoid?

It is advisable to read the ingredients and chemical list before purchasing any form of sunscreen to which you may be allergic or sensitive, especially para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA), which can cause burning and stinging.

If you have really sensitive skin, you should visit a dermatologist before spending money on sunscreen. It is also critical that you do not use or acquire any expired sunscreen, as their UV formulations can harm your skin and cause it to become more sun-damaged.

Additional sun protection precautions

Aside from using sunscreen, you should also consider the following elements to assist you to stay safe in the sun.

• If you are not going on a bike ride with a group of friends or individuals, it is essential to select a time of day strategically. It is advised to avoid cycling when the UV rays are too strong.
  • To avoid sunburn, cover your arms and legs with additional sleeves. You may also get riding glasses to protect your eyes from burning or stinging.
  • If you are an ardent biker, make sure you contact your skin doctor on a regular basis to understand your skin's optimum health. This will also inform you of any potential skin diseases you may experience.

Conclusion:

If you want to enjoy your ride without worrying about the dangers to your skin, it's advisable to use sunscreen that protects you. Sun blessed sunscreen is the greatest sunscreen for sports not only for cycling but also for other activities such as tennis, golf, cricket, and fishing. They provide a wide range of products that are appropriate for sports