The How To's Of Fantasy Football

The How To's Of Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football Season is HERE!

4
The How To's Of Fantasy Football

Here's a little guide on how to play fantasy football for the upcoming season. It's simple and easy and there are so many sites to play on!

1. Make an account: ESPN.com, Fantasy.NFL.com, Yahoo.com and etc.

First things first, figure out what website you want to use for fantasy. I, personally, use fantasy.nfl.com, which is a simple and easy site to use. But, I know Yahoo has one and ESPN as well and some you have to pay for, so if you look around you'll find what suits you. You can play fantasy for money—if you don't mind losing money and paying someone else money if you lose, then by all means, play it for some friendly cash. I will tell you how to work the site I use, but I assume they are all the similar.

2. Make a league, or join someone else's league.

Second, you can make your own league. If you want to reach out to some friends and ask them to join, that is a good way to get some members on your team. You can have four, six or eight and 12 is the biggest I believe they go. This is good if you want a private team for just you and some friends or family. I have multiple private teams for family every year and we battle it out in the household (it's really fun).

3. If you don't know about the players, get to know about them—it is the most important part of fantasy football.

You can easily google the players, watch ESPN and see where they are and what team drafted who. You can also easily look them up on the site I use, they have all the players and stats of who they are, what team they are on and what they are going to do for the 2016 / 2017 season. It also shows shows possible points they are going to make this season on fantasy, like a rough of how fantasy thinks they are going to do based on last year and how they are looking in practice.

4. Get ready for the D R A F T!

The draft is where it gets difficult to understand. You can have live draft, online draft, offline draft, auction draft and snake style draft. Live draft is where you go into a tab on your browser and it goes team to team and you draft players. You can see stats, how many points they made last year, what team they play for and so much more! This one is the most realistic one you could have. I have only ever done live drafting and offline drafting. Offline is a 90's Windows version of the live draft. It is very simplistic.

5. After the draft, figure out what players you want to get rid of or add, or even bench.

You can bench players, so that means those players you did not really want but have anyway? That's where they go. If a player gets hurt, switch them out. If a player gets in any trouble and is suspended for three games, easy, take them out. You can also switch out players for free agents. Say you are on a ten-player team, whichever ones that the team did not choose they are free agents. You can ask other teammates for switches for one of your players for theirs. Don't forget to get a good defense!

6. If you want, you can join up to about six leagues, so keep it going!

Keep adding more and more leagues, you are bound to win one of them. Plus, if you did not quite get the players you wanted on one league, you can play another and get other players you wanted that you did not get on one league.

7. Get ready for some friendly competition!

Have fun and happy fantasy! :)