The Halls: A College Student's Runway

The Halls: A College Student's Runway

From Pajamas to Prada
12

No, it's not like New York Fashion Week or a photoshoot cover for Vogue or Prada. It's much different. It's college. You will find every single style, accessory, and trend you could think of simply walking through the halls of campus.

Whether its athleisure, high fashion, or straight up bumming it, you'll see it all on your daily walks through the quad. From the fashionistas who rock the 3-inch heeled boots somehow for their 8 am to the award-winning groutfits, were all expressing ourselves in some way. Take the chance to wear something you've never seen yourself in or step out in style in your plush moccasins and plaid pj pants because who's gonna judge you?

When people ask me what it's like to get up early and put myself together for class, I answer with pure honesty and say that some days I don't get myself together. Some days I simply roll out of bed in my sweats throw on a jacket and moccasins, mosey my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth, and head on my merry way to get coffee and start my responsibilities for the day. There are also the days where I feel like making myself presentable enough to look like a real human and explore my closet full of clothes and my makeup container.

So my advice to the seniors anticipating what college is gonna be like and worrying about what to wear I say, do whatever you freakin' want. College is all about expressing yourself and going out of your normal comfort zone to see what you like and find your sense of self. So hey, travel back to the 80s and get that pair of bell bottoms you saw in the Urban sale section that you've been dying for. Proudly wear that diamond choker you saw Kim K rocking the other night on Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Or wear a plush cow onesie to class if that makes your little heart happy.

Make college your runway and don't disappoint.