To The College Girl Who Has Been Stressed AF Lately

College isn't eternal, but the tolls on your body of stress might be.

89
pexels.com

Stress as defined by the dictionary: a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from adverse or very demanding circumstances.

Since I first started college three years ago, the pressures on me between class, work, social life, and recently, filming for my Youtube channel have come and gone. There are some days where the piles of everything that I have to get done weigh so heavily on me that it starts to physically hurt. I also like to make time for the gym, and have unwinding time for myself. I've very quickly learned however, that even though I want to do so much, it's not healthy.

It will make you physically sick and intensely exhausted. It will wear down your mood, making you easily irritable towards other people, which strains relationships. In my experience, it has also made me eat terribly or just skip meals altogether. All of this is the vicious cycle of which I have learned that college is.

To The girl that finds herself constantly in this situation like me: sometimes it is okay to put the pencil down, turn the lights off, and go to bed. You aren't helping yourself pass the exam tomorrow if you are too tired to sit up during it. Make sure you eat your full meals, and that you have some kinds of fruit, vegetable, and protein in them as well. If the gym is a priority, time manage your schedule and add it into your daily schedule. If you see it in your everyday agenda you are more likely going to get it done. Lastly, be positive and know that you will get through this.

At the end of the day when I have reflection time, I look back on how fast the day went. How fast my years in college have gone by. All the stress is temporary, and while the culture of study, party, sleep in college is fun and all, your health is what will stick with you for the rest of your life.