To The Girl Waiting To Fall In Love

To The Girl Waiting To Fall In Love

"You may have a lot of friends getting engaged and starting settle down, but you're still single and that happens,"

410
To The Girl Waiting To Fall In Love
Flickr

Growing up in the 90's, Disney VHS movies were pretty much your life. The common factor in these movies? The happy ending with the cute couple with the cute bubbly music montage in the background. A few examples to jog your memory?

The Little Mermaid ending with the wedding of Ariel and Prince Eric as the mermaid community waves on. Aladdin ending with Aladdin and Jasmine flying off into the night on their magic carpet. Sleeping Beauty ending with Phillip and Aurora staring lovingly into each others eyes as they dance the night away. It's a constant because everyone assumes that you need to be in love to get the happy ending.... That's garbage!

Why are people so eager to get married so fast? The number of people that get divorced because they jumped in too fast is insane! I hear more and more girls growing up and discussing how they want to be married and how they already have their dream wedding planned in high school. High school! Like, really? You have so much more you could be thinking about!

But at the same time, I see the appeal. Being cuddled and adored by someone who was meant for you sounds glamorous. If you're in high school or college swimming in a sea of immature guys, why not daydream of a handsome prince to come and sweep you off your feet?

He'll wave a 200K ring in your face and ask you to live in his millionaire mansion. Did I mention there are puppies and wine there? J'adore!

Realistically, a nice guy would be great! A guy to watch Stranger Things with and bring me food when I don't feel like leaving my house. A guy to stand behind me so some tool doesn't try to grind up on my butt at parties. A guy who may not be perfect, but will be perfect to me.

Sadly, the guy may not be in your life right now and that's ok. You may have a lot of friends getting engaged and starting settle down, but you're still single and that happens. The time just might not be right for him to be in your life. He could even be there and you haven't even met him yet. Things might not be pieced together.

Be happy with the life you have right now! Be happy with yourself and the people you have in your life! You don't need a significant other to be happy! Use this time to discover who you really are and what you want when the time comes to enter a real committed relationship. Love may be just around the corner and you don't even know it!

Keep your chin up and stop comparing yourselves to others in relationships. Be happy with who you are and what you are doing with your life! Remind yourself that you have value despite your relationship status. You are your own person, and you don't need a boy to know that!