The First Time I Fell In Love: Stepping On The Field

Softball was my first true love -- but why, you ask?

3

People can fall in love in so many ways. With a significant other, with a child, with a career, or with a passion. I first fell in love when I stepped onto a softball field. I knew right then and there that was going to my niche all throughout my school years. I may only have been in third grade, but that is the first time my heart was filled with happiness.

Softball means so much more than just a sport. To me, softball was a time to hang out with my best friends, which I loved. My friends got to hang out at practice and on weekends, which means we cherished each second we had with each other. Softball was a stress reliever, even if it didn't seem like it sometimes. Softball allowed me to take the stress of the week -- whether it was school, or family, or other friends, and forget about it for 72 hours.

Softball was an unofficial life lesson. Throughout my many years paying softball, I had some incredible coaches. These coaches not only taught us the fundamentals of the game, but they went above and beyond for their players. They taught us lessons we could take with us forever. They taught us responsibility, loyalty, honesty, and integrity. They have taught us things, that I am forever grateful for. Softball is also family time. My family was my biggest supporters during my tournaments. those tournaments were in the middle of summer, it was hot, they were long, and yet my family was always by my side.

Softball was my first love. Even though I don't play it anymore, it is forever imprinted on my heart. I love that game, and every time I go to a field, my face lights up. I can't help but get an overwhelming excitement when I see a softball field. I loved softball, and that will never change.