The Biggest Beauty Trends for Fall 2021

The Biggest Beauty Trends for Fall 2021

The trends of fall 2021 are all about drastic, deep, and daring, with a little convention and tradition sprinkled in for good measure. Here are some of the biggest beauty trends for fall 2021.

43
Biggest Beauty Trends

Sure, summer is great, but once we hit September I'm already itching for the chance to get into some fall colors. The bright colors and bronzed silhouettes that dominate for so long can get packed away in favor of cooler temps, cooler colors, and cooler trends. If you're anything like me, you are absolutely dying to break out some of the fall fashion that debuted earlier this year.

There are new eyeliner trends, soap brows, gel colors, and gua sha. Most people don't pay too much attention to fashion month, since the looks will eventually be talked about, but now that fall is here it's time to get out some old and some new. The trends of fall 2021 are all about drastic, deep, and daring, with a little convention and tradition sprinkled in for good measure. Here are some of the biggest beauty trends for fall 2021.

Gel Nails

The days of conventional nail polish are numbered as gel nails begin to take a firm hold in beauty culture. The process is simple, and the colors, effects, and techniques are mind-blowing. Whether you get your mani done in a shop or in your living room, choose your nail tips, get your colors, and your UV light, and you can have impressive nails in minutes.

Bright, Bold Lips

One of the trends this fall is bright, red lips. This might sound mundane, but when you pair it with one of the other hot fall trends like the winged eye or graphic eyeliner, it can make your look a showstopper. Put your look on TikTok and watch the tutorial requests roll in. It's a standard look that won't be leaving any time soon.

Vamp Lips

The perfect contrast to the trend of the bright red lip is the dark, smokey, vampy lip. This is a perfect look when you don't want to do a whole look. Leave off the rest of the makeup save for a hydrating HIDE Foundation and throw a dark, rich shade on your lips, and watch it set off that smolder with minimal effort and product.

Winged Eyes

This is one of the looks that is making an incredibly strong resurgence this fall. While winged eyes never really went away, they took a back seat to some other trends for a little while, and this fall they are back with a vengeance. Get swoopy, get dramatic, get noticed.

Electric Eyes

In another flavor of retro fabulousness this fall, neons and electrics are back. Fire up your hot fuschia tones, your electric blues, and your neon oranges, because this is their time to shine. Since you will likely be donning some darker colors this fall, throw a spark in there with your eye makeup, and create a whole new look.

Smokey Lids

The low-prep eyelid of the 2000s is back to give you that perfect no-effort eye. All you need is a hefty smear of some dark green or blue eyeshadow. If you want a little bit of exaggeration, add a pigmented eyeshadow blend. If you want a clearer shape and a more clean finish, grab an angled brush and touch up your edges.

Black Eyeliner

If you aren't a fan of winged eyeliner, feel free to stick to the classics. The standard eyeliner pencil used to give a solid line then smudged to a perfect smoke look on your upper and lower lids is the stuff of superstars this season. Victoria Beckham is giving the smudge some serious IG time this fall.

Graphic Eyeliner

Using the same standard black eyeliner, graphic eyeliner uses it in bold new ways. For example, lining your lower lid, and leveraging the negative space on your upper lid for a very severe look. Use graphic eyeliner in conjunction with bright punctuations of color in the lids for more impact.

Abstract Eyes

If you love unconventional looks, abstraction, and geometric influence, this is going to be your season to shine. Abstract eyes are going to be explosive this fall, with bold abstract details, negative space leverage, and thick bold lines. If you enjoy doing eye makeup that will stop someone in their tracks, suit up.

Liquid Makeup Mixing

Bright eyes and winged liners sometimes need a bit more finessed application, which means you may need to use some mixing liquid to get a perfectly functional consistency. You'll need a flat brush and a small palette to mix on, and your mixing liquid will turn your powders into paintable pigments that make them so much more versatile.

Soap Brows

This look is all over IG and TikTok, and for good reason. It gives undeniably cool results. Just take a spoolie brush, wet it, and rub it on the soap. Then use the soaped spoolie to fluff, arrange, and shape your eyebrows with minimal effort, mess, and product.

Bold Braids

This fall is the time to try something new with your braids. Braid buns, serpentine main braids, sleekly woven silky plaits, and complex braided updos are all going to be enjoying some serious popularity and exposure this fall.

Blunt Fringe

A unique look that can effectively frame many different styles of facial structure, the blunt fringe is making its presence known this fall, and it is responsible for pulling together some incredible looks. The drastic fringe that comes down below the brow is solidly eye-catching. Add more impact with some Kenra Color in a contrasting dark/light scheme.

Mullets

The unlikely hero hairstyle of the pandemic is taking its place among the hot styles for this fall, even if it takes a little force. They have grown a lot over the years, and can be shaped much more attractively for the ultimate retro-futuristic look.

Vintage & Retro Headwear

Headscarves, bandanas, and balaclavas are booming. Find something that looks like your grandmother would have worn it to the corner store to protect her hair if it was raining. Incorporate the patterns and colors into any outfit for a robust vintage look.

Adhesive Accents

One of the hottest trends this fall involves getting stickers or gems designed for personal beauty and applying them with a special adhesive to the face and body for aesthetic effect. From eyebrow gems to constellation freckles, to calf and tummy accents, these can offer one of the most drastic enhancements to your physique, short of getting brazilian butt lift surgery in Miami.

Bursts & Flares Of Color

Bright bursts, flares, and sparks of color sprinkled in the usual neutrals and cool tones of fall fashion is the name of the game this season. The fall fashion mainstays are taking a back seat to the more severe punctuations of bright color that are going to continue to define emerging trends.

Gua Sha

It sounds a little odd, but this traditional Asian facial treatment is one of the newest and hottest trends in facials and skincare. If your spa offers Gua Sha, get one, otherwise, you can buy the tool and see tutorials online. It involves gently scraping the face with a special paddle, increasing blood flow to the face as well as providing other benefits. After a treatment, be sure to grab some progeline for improving skin's elasticity.