Giving Back This Year Is The Best Way To Spread Christmas Cheer, Here's How To Get Involved

Getting to shop and wrap Christmas gifts for a nonprofit is not only a great way to give back to your community, but a rewarding experience for everyone involved.

29

The holiday season is such an important time to spend with loved ones and create the perfect Christmas experience.

But for many who are struggling, this season can be difficult.

So what can you do to help families in need? Adopt a child or family!

Everyone wants to open up a present on Christmas. Helping children and families who do not have people to buy them Christmas presents is the best way to give back.

This Christmas, my family adopted a family through a new non-profit in Southwest Florida called Operation Christmas Care.

Operation Christmas Care matches families with donors to get gifts for these families in need. We first got to pick a family based on their Christmas wishlist. After that, we got to do the fun part of shopping for the family!

In many adopt-a-family programs, there is a variety of sizes of families so you can take on whatever size family is suitable for you, from a large family to adopting just one child. Operation Christmas Care offers a variety of family sizes so that donors can select a family size that works for them.

I feel like it was actually more fun to go shopping for another family than my own. I knew that whatever we got them, the family would truly appreciate it!

I think that it is important to buy necessities like sneakers. It's also important to buy them something that they would want as well, such as a toy to open.

From nationwide Christmas programs like Salvation Army's Treasure for Children to local local groups like Operation Christmas Care, there are place always looking for sponsors and donations!

Go get involved and give back this holiday season! Happy holidays!