To The Best Roommate!

To The Best Roommate!

I'll miss you Lauren!!

524
To The Best Roommate!
Author's Photo

M 416 will hold so many memories for me. Finally getting to move out of the “Trashy Trad” is somewhat of a great feeling. Being done with freshman year is the BEST feeling. Having to say goodbye to my roommate, however, is not the best feeling. Lauren, thank you for such a fun year, all the laughs and times you were there for me. I will truly miss living with you. Here are the top 10 best memories of us.

10. March 7, 2018

I had gotten news that day that my great aunt Darlene had passed away. After crying my eyes out in the library, I walked home to go to bed, and there Lauren was, sitting on the couch, with my favorite Starbucks drink in hand, there to cheer me up and talk me through it. Later that night, she encouraged me to go out to a “Spring Break” themed event with her, to get my mind off Darlene. Although I was sad to see her go, Lauren completely turned my day around to something that was happy.

9. August 27, 2017

This not only happens to be my birthday but the day Harvey hit College Station. Lauren and I decided it was a smart idea to drive to get Whataburger in the TORRENTIAL rain. We climbed into Rosie (her Range Rover) and almost died while getting to Whataburger. By the time we ran inside, we were drenched, but laughed anyway. Later we tried to go to church, but the flooding was so bad we ended up going to Hopdoddy for dinner with her brother and cousin. Although the rain was horrible, we ended up having a fun day.

8. October 22, 2017

SAE Jungle. Earlier in the week, I had dyed my hair purple, hence the hue in the picture. Lauren and I got ready together for the massive party and went together with a few of her friends. After waiting an hour in line to hold the tiger, the cops were called. We ran from the party through peoples backyards and crammed into an Uber to get home. Since it was still pretty early in the night, we drove over to Fuego and had dinner, at 2 in the morning.

7. February 14, 2018

As a favor to a friend, I was watching her puppy. Both Lauren and I wanted to celebrate “galentines” day but were stuck with the dog. Stupidly, we decided to take the dog with us to Canes. The dog went psycho in the car, crying and scratching all over me. Poor Lauren and I tried to talk to the dog the whole way to Canes and back to calm it down. After getting our dinner, we went to Coldstone for ice-cream, once again taking the dog. Since we didn’t drive through Coldstone, we put the dog in a large purse and walked into the store. Even though we got the weirdest looks, we shared the ice-cream with the dog, before taking it back home. We finished off the night pulling an all-nighter in West Campus Library.

6. October 31, 2017

Halloween. Lauren and I had been studying all night in Evans Library but got word of a small Halloween get together. Deciding to go at 11:30, we walked home in the rain to get ready as fast as we could to go out. A friend drove us over to the party. By the time they came to get us, Lauren had misplaced her phone. It took us until the next day to find it, lodged in a cooler. Although she lost her phone, we had a blast getting ready for the party together, and taking plenty of pictures.

5. November 15, 2017

Lauren and I were trying to study in the living room of our apartment, and the people above us were being especially noisy. Lauren grabbed the vacuum and turned it on, only to bang it against the ceiling, in an effort to get the people upstairs to shut up. We cried laughing after she did it, mainly because she turned the vacuum on to bang it against the ceiling, her reasoning being it would make the noise louder.

4. April 20, 2018

Lauren and I had been together all day, studying, getting food at Sbisa, driving around for me to pick up my Beta shirt, getting gas, Bahama Buck’s, and cleaning the apartment. When we went to take a study break, we went into Lauren’s “party box” and put on the craziest outfits to be funny. We ended up not going back to studying.

3. January 15, 2018

Lauren and I had decided to go to an SAE rush party at the very last minute. We quickly got ready, and went over to this house party. At this point, I barely knew any SAE’s, so we hung out with Lauren’s friend from high school. Halfway through the party, we were sitting outside around a fire pit, and a guy came up to me and introduced himself. I stupidly asked if he was a rushee, for him to laugh and respond that he was the VP Rush Chair. Lauren was trying to tell me before I asked him that he wasn’t a rushee, but I didn’t see her mouthing the words. Everyone around me laughed, thinking I was trying to make a joke. We ended up going back to her friends from high schools house, and watched a movie until 3 in the morning.

2. October 28, 2017

This was the weekend my mom was in town, but it was one of the last tailgate games. I had convinced Lauren to go to the Pike tailgate with me the night before, so I snuck away from my mom to go with Lauren to the tailgate. When an old friend of mine a tailgate over started to cuss me out, Lauren stood in front of me and defended me. I am forever thankful for all the times she’s defended me from this particular person.

1. November 7, 2017

What a crazy night. Lauren and another friend of ours had convinced me to give a guy I had been talking to a chance. In my haste to get ready for him to come hang out with us, Lauren helped to clean up and told me funny stories to make me not nervous. When he finally came over, she went into her room. While I wasn’t paying attention, she went into her bathroom and got in the shower, and began to sing Justin Bieber at the top of her lungs.

My guy friend got somewhat uncomfortable hearing her and decided to leave. I walked him to the door, and when I got back, I burst into her bathroom to find her standing on the toilet with Victoria, fully clothed, shower running, screaming Justin Bieber. She then came into my room with me as I went on about what had happened with the guy, and sat in my bed with me, then serenaded me with “One Less Lonely Girl” to celebrate my night.

I’m so incredibly sad to say goodbye to Lauren, and goodbye to our tiny little apartment. Although these aren’t all the memories I have with her, they are some of the best. I know that even though we will be living in two separate places next year, we’ll still be close friends. I’m so thankful that God blessed me with a year with Lauren.

Always,

HMS