These Are The Best Parts Of Winter Break

Don't waste it before it's too late.

60
PICSELI

There are a lot of good things about winter break. For example, no classes or school work. I know I am not the only one who feels like school and classes are my biggest stressors. So it is really nice to be able to come home and not have to worry about the quiz that’s due at midnight or the paper that’s due at 7.

Winter break is a time where you can sit and relax and spend some nice quality time with your family. This is one of the things that I am most excited about. It’s hard to see family when you go away to school so when you get to come home for Christmas break it’s just so nice to be able to sit down and spend some quality time with them.

Christmas is another good thing about break. This is another point where you get to spend quality time with your family. And you also get presents. But it is more than just presents. You get to see your family open your gift and see the look of joy on their face, you get to see your little brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews open up their presents that they have been waiting ALL year to get.

During winter break you are able to see your other friends that also went off to college and you’re able to sit down with them and compare your semester and all the many things that happened in just three and a half short months.

You can’t forget about all of the food. It’s the holidays and you know that there is going to be some gooooood food. There is an abundance of cookies and desserts. A wonderful Christmas dinner with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese (my favorites) then you get to go to Christmas parties and there is always good food there.

Then after Christmas, there are the leftovers that you eat until New Years. Then you get to go to a New Years party and those have the best food and drinks there.

Working is also a good thing about being on break. You can make a few bucks before you have to go back to school so you don’t have to ask for more money….again. Working also allows you to not just sit around the entire break and gets you out and gives you a bit of motivation.

The biggest thing that I enjoy about winter break is being able to relax. I don’t have to worry about waking up in the morning so I don’t miss my 8 a.m. class. Or when I have to turn in my video project for Spanish. I am able to sleep in and catch up on my sleep after finals week.

There are a lot of good things about winter break. Appreciate them and the people around you, the ones who support and love you. And don’t waste your break because school is right around the corner.