Top 5 Best OG 'Grey's Anatomy' Characters

Top 5 Best OG 'Grey's Anatomy' Characters That Will Live On Forever Even If Some Of Them Were Gone Too Soon

Can we just have the original cast back now please?

741
ABC

If you're anything like me you've watched Grey's Anatomy from the beginning and have fallen in love with the storylines, funny moments, interesting medical situations, and feel like you have a connection with the characters.

I recently made the decision to start the show over from the beginning, which I am so happy I did because I'll never get sick of watching it. While watching, I realized that most of my favorite characters aren't even on the show anymore.

In honor of that, here are my top 5 favorite Grey's Anatomy characters. Also, I'm not even going to list Meredith and Derek because that goes without saying:

George O'Malley

All I'm gonna say about *it* is George deserved better. But anyway, George was one of the best characters on the show. He was kind, sincere, a great friend, the underdog most of the time, and there was just so much about him to love.

Many of his scenes were some of my most favorite scenes from the show, ever. I miss you, 007.

Miranda Bailey

What an icon, honestly. Bailey is one of the strongest personalities and definitely one of the funniest. From episode one, she proved she's a force to be reckoned with and has delivered some of the most iconic moments in the show.

She deserves all of the love in the world, and I know she's fictional, but I would 100% take a bullet for her.

Richard Webber

What's not to love about the Chief? I always looked forward to seeing him in each episode and love all of his wisdom. He always looked out for his staff and had some of the best one-liners, ever.

Christina Yang

Talk about a strong female character... Christina has to be one of my favorite TV characters, ever, not just in Grey's Anatomy. She is independent, strong, obviously smart, and she is just someone you aspire to be like.

I wish I had her quick wit and her fierceness. Maybe one day.

Alex Karev

So it goes without saying that Alex didn't have the strongest start, but much like Steve in Stranger Things, Alex's character development is awesome. He's come to become one of my favorites on the show and turned out to be super funny, reliable, and driven. He's one I love, love, love now.

Grey's Anatomy is one of those shows that I swear, has shaped me for the better. Excuse me while I go binge it tonight, and dream about the time McDreamy was still around.