The Amazing Valhalla Tool

The Amazing Valhalla Tool

This was one of the best tools the Lads have had yet.

23
The Amazing Valhalla Tool

Yesterday, the Lads and I ventured down to Valhalla, New York, and had an eventful tool. It was completely unexpected; nobody really even knew what Valhalla was, where it was, or anything like that. Ben had barely even heard of Valhalla. Hurley found a park down there called Kensico State Park, and it apparently had this huge dam and was cool, so he said. Thus, the Lads took a trip down to investigate and see if Valhalla was a tool-worthy town.

It was frigid last night. We came down Interstate 684 and got off of exit 3 toward Armonk. We traveled down the narrow Route 22 and ended up in Valhalla at Kensico. As the picture for this article already reveals, this dam was huge. I mean this thing was incredible. It looked like something out of ancient history, something the Aztecs would have built.

We stopped at the dam first. I parked my car a distance away from it, and as we walked closer, we began to see what a behemoth it was. It was quite beautiful, the lighted dam a silhouette against the dark night sky. We took pictures at the base of the dam, pictures which had ancient looks to them.

We then proceeded to climb up the side of the dam, and when we reached the top, we had discovered that there had been a staircase running up the side of it the entire time. According to a sign posted by the top of the stairs, people are allowed to run, walk their dogs, and enjoy the view from the top of the dam. Along the top, a road runs across traversing the divide between reservoir and park. We walked across, took some more pictures and came down the other side of the dam.

We then tooled around Valhalla, of course remembering to take a picture by the "Welcome to" sign. That about sums the entire tool up; it wasn't terribly eventful but it was quite fantastic. It was short, but sweet. In the next article, I'll be explaining how certain people can run tools, how Chris is the master of tools, and all that good stuff. It's a tooling type of month.