The ABC's Of NC State

Now that it has been announced that NC State University has moved to all online classes for the rest of the semester, the idea of moving out of the place I have called home for the last 2 and a half years is hard.

NC State is so much more than just a school to many people.

For many it is our second home, where we have most of our friends and made some of the best memories of our lives.

So for all of those who like me love NC State and can't wait to go back one day, here are the ABC's of NC State:

A- Atrium

Chick-fil-A

upload.wikimedia.org

During lunch time many of us have fought to get a seat in the Atrium and waited 25 minutes just to get some Chick-fil-A. If you go around 1pm good luck to you because that place is packed then.

B- Bell tower

NC State Belltower

upload.wikimedia.org

Many NC State student's know just how special it is when you storm the bell tower after NC State win's some sports events (I'm looking at you Duke basketball). It isn't just a place to celebrate our school's win's, but also it celebrates student's accomplishments as they have a ring ceremony for when you graduate and get a class ring that partly takes place there.

C- Cookout

Cookout

upload.wikimedia.org

We have all sat through that super long Cookout line before and it was worth it.

D- Dorms

My freshman year dorm in the tri-towers

Gabriella Barcinas

All students are familiar with the tiny dorms at State (I'm looking at you Tri-Towers), unless they got lucky and were able to get into Bragaw.

E- (Free) Expression Tunnel

Free expression tunnel

upload.wikimedia.org

Many people pass through the free expression tunnel every day and every day there is some new art work to be seen in there! It is an awesome area for students to get to promote clubs, ideas or to just show of their talent. However, it isn't that great when it is flooded during hurricane season and you have to walk through it (yes, some of you know exactly what I am talking about).

F- Fountain

Food not from Fountain

visualsonline.cancer.gov

Maybe you love fountain, maybe you hate fountain, either way you have been there before.

G- Greek life

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Gabriella Barcinas

Greek life at NC State isn't huge but it is still present. Even if you aren't in a frat or a sorority, you know of or have been to a frat party before.

H- Howling cow ice cram

Wolf Tracks ice cream

Joseph Diamond

Howling cow ice cream is made by the cows at NC State and it is delicious! Around 9pm on just about any night there is a huge line in Talley for it since the meal credit transfers over then.

I- Insomnia cookies

Insomnia cookies

live.staticflickr.com

Warm cookies are a special treat for many students so the Insomnia on Hillsborough street is a must.

J- Joking by getting hit by a bus during finals

Bus

upload.wikimedia.org

I have heard many students joke about not wanting to take their finals so badly that they would run in front of a bus so that NC State would let them not take their finals and they could get money from the school. Turns out this is not true and the school will not give you money if you get hit.

K- Kevin Keatts is a winner

Kevin Keatts at the White House

upload.wikimedia.org

Even if you don't know about basketball, you know this.

L- Long line for Popeyes

Popeyes

live.staticflickr.com

Ever since Popeyes came out with it's chicken sandwich, the line for the one near campus has been incredibly long.

M- Mr. and Mrs. Wolf

Mr. & Mrs. Wolf

Gabriella Barcinas

If you didn't get a picture with them did you even go here?

N- Noon games suck

I am internally dying from heat because of noon games

Gabriella Barcinas

I'll say it again for all of the people in the back: noon games suck! All NC State students and fans know exactly what I mean.

O- The Oval

Chicken and waffles

upload.wikimedia.org

The one is for the people who frequent Centennial. The Oval is their place to get food and even has some cool options like chicken and waffles.

P- Packapalooza

Packapalooza

Gabriella Barcinas

Packapalooza is an event that NC State holds at the beginning of each school year on Hillsborough Street and a ton of vendors and clubs come out and give away free stuff. They also usually have fair food and other fun events so it is a great opportunity to grab your friends and get outside!

Q- Quiet room when students hold up their wolfies for a free throw in a basketball game

Wolfies

Gabriella Barcinas

There is a hush that comes over PNC when State has a free throw and everyone holds their wolfies up in anticipation.

R- Raleigh

Ugly Money in downtown Raleigh

Gabriella Barcinas

NC State student's are lucky to be in NC's capitol city and super close to down town. There are endless things in Raleigh and I bet that not even the most adventurous of us has been able to do every single thing. With endless food options (even though most of us are broke), activities, shopping places, and parks Raleigh is an amazing place to call home.

S- Sports

Basketball game

Gabriella Barcinas

From basketball, football, baseball, soccer and so much more you can watch women's and men's sports games for free at State! Usually a lot of people come out to support so it is always a fun day when you go to one of the sporting events (plus you got to get those points)!

T- Tailgating season

Tailgate season

Gabriella Barcinas

During football season everyone comes out to go tailgating to all the frats (even if it's a much hated noon game).

U- Undergraduate admissions

Holiday Hall

live.staticflickr.com

We all have had to call them at least once before.

V- Valuable bricks

Brick

upload.wikimedia.org

Everyone knows that it is an NC State tradition to take a brick out of the brickyard or somewhere else on campus before you leave!

W- Wolf pack

Supporting the Pack even from WV

Gabriella Barcinas

Duh. No explanation needed.

X- Red X's on your WebAssign

Red X

upload.wikimedia.org

We all have seen this even if we don't want to admit it.

Y- Yelling when we get a touch down

In the bleachers at a football game

Gabriella Barcinas

There is nothing like standing in the bleachers at Carter Finley and cheering when we get a touch down (especially if we are winning)!

Z- Zero sleep during finals week

Tired student

p0.pxfuel.com

Finals week is intense. It's when everyone on campus is pretty much cramming for their finals and sleep is often a luxury that can't be afforded.