The ABC's Of Friendship

The ABC's Of Friendship

Simple ways to be a good friend.

428
The ABC's Of Friendship
pinterest

Being a good friend is just as important as having good friends. These days it seems as though good friends are hard to come by so when you find them, you need to hold on tight. But, in order to get and keep the friends who lift you up and love you fiercely, you need to be a good friend first.

Appreciate them.

Whether they grabbed you a one cent bracelet from their latest vacation, grabbed on extra plate to share the pizza they know you've been eyeballing, or bailed you out of a bad situation for the umpteenth time, they need to know notice and appreciate everything they do for you.

Be supportive.

You may not always agree, but be there for them anyway.

Call their bluffs.

People can but on a brave face, but your friends need to know you know them too well and care about them too much for them to hide their feelings from you.

Dress up with them.

There is nothing that bonds two people together more than blasting Rihanna while simultaneously dancing around and making each other look like goddesses.

Enjoy the little moments.

Before too long, you all will be on your way to bigger things than football games and endless snack runs at midnight. Enjoy the time you have while you have it.

Forgive each other.

Everyone makes mistakes. No matter how angry you are or how much it hurts, if you hold a grudge or lose a friendship over something silly, you'll regret what you both lost later.

Grow together.

As we grow up, we all change. Be excepting of those changes and grow together with your friendship.

Hug them.

If they try to tell you they don't need a hug, they are lying. Hug them when you are happy, sad, excited. Hug them and don't let go.

Inspire them.

Don't gloat, but show them love and goodness. Be their light.

Just be honest.

Tell them what is going on and how you feel. If they are truly your friend, they will understand and love you more for it.

Keep your promises.

Don't bail or back out on them. A promise is a promise, especially when there is a pinky involved.

Laugh uncontrollably.

Be funny and silly. Laugh until you cry. Laugh until you pee your pants. Laugh so hard you can't breathe. Laugh until you have to be separated and then look at each other and laugh some more. Laughter is timeless.

Make time for them.

Life gets crazy sometimes and friends get lost in the madness. Give the effort to include them and don't lost touch.

Never lose hope.

A friendship is a special thing that can withstand just about anything if you work on it. Don't give up on your friendship or your friend. They need you just as much as you need them.

Order the extra scoop of ice cream.

The calories don't count when you are having some quality best friend time. Right?

Plan adventures.

Go places. Learn things. Be spontaneous together. A best friend bucket list is a must have. So make one and actually do them.

Quit the pettiness.

There is no need for negativity and drama. Not even just with each other. Friends who mistreat other people never stay together. Learn to be happy with each other and bond over something other than drama and gossip.

Respect their boundaries.

Although we all want to push our friends to their potential and may not understand anything that might be holding them back, respect their wishes don't push them too hard.

Share.

Share your bag of candy, your mascara, your family, your secrets, and anything else you could possibly share. Giving is the best part of a friendship.

Tell them you love them.

You can never say "I love you" too much. Make sure they know it, even if they think you are a mushy sap every time you leave each other to go home a few houses down.

Understand that they aren't you.

Don't expect them to act the way you do, love the way you do, or handle situations they way you do. Each of yours friends is unique and you should accept and love them for it.

Value their opinion.

They might disagree with you, but you should always listen and take what they think into consideration. If they care enough to pay attention and give you their perspective, you should care enough to listen to it.

Write them notes of encouragement.

Even a small sticky note reminding them they are beautiful or wishing them luck on their chemistry exam goes a long way.

Xoxo.

Give them your love and compassion. Plus watching Gossip Girl together and pretending to be Blair and Serena can only enhance your friendship. Talking in Gossip Girl form is not only informative but absolutely hilarious. Try it.

Yell.

But not at each other. Go for a drive and yell out the window. Go for a hike and yell out to the mountain tops.

Zero tolerance for who ruin friendships.

Vow that a boy shall never come in between your friendship. They aren't worth the loss of a friendship. Fries before guys, right?