8 Types of People You'll Meet at the Bars As Told By Disney Characters

Whatever you do, don't be a Gaston.

195
Photo by Travis Gergen on Unsplash

As a college student, you’ll meet a lot of interesting people. The majority of which, admittedly, you’ll meet at the bars. Whether it be the gross frat guy that hits on both you and your friend at the same time, or the girl that’s so drunk that she can’t even see straight, you’ll meet all types of different personalities. While not everyone is the same, obviously, there are 8 main archetypes that you’ll meet, and this article is a guide as to who they are (in the form of Disney characters, because I can’t help myself), what they’re like, and how to deal with them all.

The Gaston

Remember that gross frat guy I mentioned earlier? Here he is in all his glory. Whether you’ve been to a bar or not, we’ve all met this type of person. He’s probably the type of guy that will buy a girl a drink, walk her home, and assume he’s already going to be invited into her apartment. He’s also the kind of guy that, while you’re getting to know him, is probably going to talk mostly about himself rather than asking anything about you. If he’s interested in you, avoid this guy at all costs unless you want to feel shame and regret the next morning. If you see him attempting to pull any of this with someone else, put on your armor and go save that poor damsel in distress.

The Cinderella

This girl is the type that you can have long conversations in the bathroom with over who’s prettier (spoiler: it’s always her). She makes you feel great about yourself without even knowing you, most likely! But while this type of girl is probably the nicest person you’ll ever meet, she’s also the type of girl that’s a little absentminded when she drinks. She loses everything--her credit card, her phone, her shoes. But despite that, you can’t help but want to protect this precious child at all costs, and you should. Please, whatever you do, don’t leave this poor girl with a Gaston.

The Elsa

This girl is the definition of the “ice queen” (pun intended), but only if you don’t know her personally. If you do happen to know her and go out with her, then she’s probably one of the most loyal people you’ve ever met. She sticks to the people she knows and loves like glue and is very protective of her friends. She’s not the type to leave them alone or let them go off with a random person. Don’t make this girl mad, and definitely don’t bother to hit on her or buy her a drink, because she’s just out to have a good time with her girls and that’s it.

The Sleeping Beauty

This is the girl that you’ll meet at the bars in the beginning of the night and she’ll seem really cool for the most part. Then, as the night goes on, you’ll eventually leave and find this same really cool girl passed out in one of the booths of whatever pizza or burger joint (let’s face it, those are our only real options at 2am) you decide to get food at before going to bed. Do us all a favor in this situation: be a good human being, walk her back to her house, and make sure she’s safe. You might not know her personally, but being kind never goes out of style--and you likely will save her from getting arrested that night.

The Hercules

This is the guy that’s going to be the nicest one you’ll meet at the bars. Even if he’s with his friends, he’s the type that will save a damsel in distress by pretending to be her boyfriend when a guy is being creepy towards her. He’s also the type to walk a girl home just to make sure she gets there safely, even if he doesn’t know her. Overall, he’s a gem! He’s not looking to get anything from anyone, and maybe he’ll even buy you a drink just from the kindness of his own heart. Stick with this person and maybe some of their good heart will inspire you to do similar things for someone else, too.

The Hans

This is the guy you’ll meet at the bars and swear that he’s the one--that night, at least. When he’s there, he’s kind to you, respectful, and always pays for your drinks. But come the next morning, he’ll also be the one sneaking out of your apartment and dodging your texts until you get the point that he was only ever really interested in one thing This two-faced jerk is the one that every college girl’s parents warn them about. Avoid him at all costs, unless you’ve got a killer right hook and can put him in his place like my girl, Anna of Arendelle.

The Rapunzel

You come across this type of girl every time you’re at the bars--the girl who’s celebrating her 21st birthday. You’ll be able to identify this type of girl by the pack of people ready to party following her in and the birthday sash and tiara that she’s got on. This is the girl that’s just so excited to get out and go to the bars for the first time ever, so she may overdo it a little bit. But try not to judge this girl too badly, because we’ve all been there before. So put on a smile, buy her a shot, and wish her a happy birthday! She may not remember you come tomorrow, but she’ll absolutely appreciate it still.

The Stitch

And finally, we’ve got the Stitch of the bars. This is the person that can go from 0 to 100 in about two shots flat. They’ve really got two sides to their drunk personas. They’ll be happy and ready to join in with the dance party happening at one point, but just one drink over their limit and they’ll either be ready to fight someone just for bumping into them or cry about it for an hour. Their personality changes in a flash, so be weary of how many drinks you share with this person to get the best results!