7 Things Rewatching Old Disney Movies Has Taught Me

If you ever rewatch a movie, make sure to pay close attention to the things you might have missed as you were a kid. And remember, disney movies are not an accurate representation of reality. Life is way more complicated than kid movies make it out to be.

17

c

Live everyday like it’s the last.

Unlike disney movies depict. Life is not a fantasy. Not every story has a happy ending unfortunately and that's why we must be thankful everyday to be able to wake up, see the sun, and see the ones we love and do the things we love.

Nobody is perfect.

Everyone goes through life on one straight line with no bumps. It is rocky and there's ups and downs at every turn. that's what makes you stronger!

Avoid the ones who are not happy for your happy.

In another Cinderella story the evil step sisters try to ruin Cinderella's life because they're jealous. Those who are jealous are the ones you should not have in your life because they're the ones who are likely unhappy with themselves and want to make everyone else miserable because of it.

Keep the good ones close.

Although a ton of the movies have the backstabbing malicious characters, there are also usually those who play the part of the loyal and genuine friend; those people are real. I learned when I got to college that there is such thing as a true friend that wants you to succeed in life and will be there for you through thick and thin. Shout out to all the realists, you know who you are;)

​ There is no Prince Charming.

Sorry but I had to say it. I do not believe in love at first sight or that there is one guy out there for every person that is destined to come sweep you away. But if you want to believe that, keep dreamin'.

High school is cliquey.

Not that there were group labels such as the "jocks," "nerds," "athletes," etc. but there are groups and mjy best advice is to be friends with whoever you want. Jusrt because someone might not be in your immediate "group," does not mean that you cannot build a strong and healthy relationship with that person. Also, if you do not feel like you belong to a group than so be it. It doesn't mean you're any less better than the ones who do have a group.

Karma is a real thing.

Most Disney movies end with the good people living happily ever after; whereas, the bad people do not go far in life. I have witnessed karma in my life and it's real.