5 Things That Make Your Return To Syracuse University

College is finally here!
53

We all know the craziness, thrill, sadness and over all emotional instability of going to college. There is too much to do in so little time, it's tough. But, there are a couple things, traditionally, that signify going back to school every fall.

1. Packing

Everyone knows the irritation, anger, sweat, and anxiety that comes with packing for college. Not only are u packing to leave home but you are bringing enough clothing to last you a full 8 months at school. That is a lot of stuff. Not only that, but let us discuss the actual transportation of said stuff. Every nook and cranny of the vehicle is filled. Those with severe claustrophobia are required to face their fears for the however many hour long commute to school. Fathers are sweating, mothers are crying and siblings are just a waste of space and resources. But hey! It’s all worth it.

2. The week of eating prior to leaving for school

The week before leaving you insulate your body with all the home-cooked food, favorite restaurant meals, and delicious treats before returning back to the questionably edible dining hall food. What many people don’t realize is that within this week you actually gain a substantial amount of weight only kick-starting your overall weight gain at school. Is it all worth it? It’s hard to say, but, desperate times call for desperate measures!

3. Realizing you actually have so many clothes

The issue of establishing an acceptable wardrobe for college is pervasive among all female college students. What you don’t realize is that your wardrobe is pretty well developed after digging through the forgotten drawers and nooks of closets while packing. The benefit of this is that you realize you actually have a lot of clothes and that is evident in the U-Haul you were forced to bring along.

4. The excitement of returning to school

Although summer is coming to an end, the familiar scents of fall are starting to show. The anticipation of returning to school is eating away at you. Independence grows each year you return to college and it really is one of the best feelings. Not only is the social scene on point but school actually appeals to your interests and dreams in life. Everything about college allows maturity to flourish in the young minds of everyone. We must enjoy it!

5. The Goodbyes

Goodbyes are never fun. Saying goodbye to your best friends from home is one of the most painful things to do. Saying goodbye to your parent’s hurts just as much if not more. And finally, saying goodbye to sisters and brothers is probably one of the worst. Although it hurts to leave those who have grown so close to your heart, a sense of autonomy and responsibility is gained from living away from home. But, with goodbyes come all the hello’s from college friends which is so exciting and fun for everyone.