The 5 Stages Of Finals Week As Told By 'The Office'

How the average person deals with final exams

12
Fanpop

'Twas the night before finals and all through the dorm, not a student was stirring, their brains fried and worn...

1. The Realization

Nothing hurts more than realizing finals are a few days away -- and knowing that there's nothing you can do to stop the whispers of madness ringing in your head gradually getting louder and louder saying, "Finals are coming ... finals are here ... finals." It drives a person crazy.

2. Denial

You tell yourself it won't be that bad. You say, "Well, I'm doing pretty well in this class, so if I fail, it shouldn't bring me down too much." You even say to yourself, "I mean, I have lots of skills -- if I fail this major, I can always try something else." You brush off the studying and tell yourself it's not as bad as it seems. Except it is; you just can't admit it to yourself.

3. Anger

You realize finals are getting closer and that you haven't studied. You've been procrastinating like a madman, and you just can't live this type of life anymore. You take it out on friends, family, neighbors, pets, strangers, enemies, but most importantly, yourself. You step up your studying game tenfold and lose all control of what was once your normal mentality.

4. Acceptance

You embrace your fate, finally taking a step forward and accepting that you are going to be living on the streets one day rather than fulfilling your dream of counseling young adults, or whatever else it is you wanted to do. You're no longer emotional about finals; you're just ready to be done.

5. Relief

You're relieved when it's over and you receive your grade, only to find out that all that stress and drama had been for nothing and the studying had not gone in vain because you made an A. There's never been a better feeling.