The 5 key tips for choosing clothes that last

If the clothes end up placard zed, it's because the color is gone, that they are deformed, that they are holes that they are pilling, that the seam has yielded.

1128

Do you think that one cannot anything? Think again! Here are some tips for buying luxury dresses that will hold the distance.

Why is it important? Because fashion is the second most polluting industry in the world and we pay a fortune! Yet, there are multitudes of simple and economical ways to reduce our impact while saving money, because buying a sustainable product is the assurance of not having to go back to the store quickly and/or resell a good piece of clothing.

1. The composition of the fabric, a major point for clothes that hold

Things to know about the materials to avoid unpleasant surprises: The cotton is doing pretty well but knows that its robustness and quality have drastically declined for years, due in particular to the marketing strategies of big brands fond of "fast fashion", but also because of pesticides: we can find 25 % of pesticides in direct contact with your skin.

• Flax tends to warp

• Avoid synthetic products, they do not hold well in time.

• The buttons in mother of pearl, it's nice, but unfortunately, it does not hold

• To recognize quality jeans, the fabric of the fabric must consist of regular and distinct threads.

2. Solid seams where is sensitive

Take a look at the most common wear points: pockets, elbows, knees, crotch, seam at the waist, etc. Check that they have been doubled or reinforced.

A durable dress is a well-made garment, sewn with care: the best is to turn the fabric to observe seams, finishes, zip, buttons, etc. If you see a button attached with a thread too thin, or very wide spaces between each stitch escape! The thread must be solid, the points close together, the buttons stitched crosswise.

Discover, feel, touch, smell, flip the garment; it often says a lot about the composition of the fabric, its robustness and its finishes. Whenever possible, opt for clothes made and with local actors to be assured of the quality and traceability of the product, as well as to boost local economic dynamism.

3. You are not a victim of fashion: bet on the timeless

To never get bored and still enjoy, bet on clothes with classic cuts and timeless colors on lord and Taylor dresses. In addition, for do it yourself enthusiasts: One of the many benefits of a simple cut is that the garment can easily be sewn.

If you have the opportunity, it is best to choose clothes in natural colors: thus, no faded colors through good maintenance! Are you a fan of motifs and originality? Opt for textile embroidery for a durable and indelible.

4. Let your cabinet breathe: have little but beautiful things we really like

How many clothes do you wear regularly? We quickly realize that we have a lot of clothes that we never wear in the wardrobe. If possible, try to have clothes that you wear regularly: it is better a small amount of clothing but quality rather than the other way around.

5. Do I really need to buy new stuff to make it last?

Leasing, borrowing, second-hand buying: sustainable consumption with a small budget. With our tips above, we hope you can find real clothes that last. But must we buy them necessarily new? By using other forms of acquisition, you can extend their life beyond your own use: it is often cheaper and it's good for the planet (because what is expensive for the environment is mainly the manufacturing phase of new products).