The 5 Stages Of Being Addicted To Pokémon Go

There are steps you have to take to be the best.

10
YouTube

Pokémon Go is not-so-slowly taking over not only the country but also now, the world. In an age where '90s nostalgia is on the rise, this game could not have been released at a better time. But, with all great things there are various emotional stages that come along for the ride. So, here are the five emotional stages of playing Pokémon Go.

1. Denial

You tell yourself you don't need the game. It is just really hyped up right now and there is no way that it is as great as everyone says it is. But, the more you see everyone around you catching Pokémon and claiming gyms, the more you being to realize that this is not in fact hyped up and with a feeling of hope you finally download the game.

2. Anger

Not long after downloading the game, you were probably filled with intense anger as time after time the game glitches; usually right after you are about to catch the last Pokémon you need before you can evolve your useless Pokémon into something more capable of taking on a gym. The only thing that can counteract this anger is that feeling of intense joy when something finally goes right and you get that Pokémon you've been vying for for weeks now.

3. Bargaining

Eventually you begin making all kinds of promises to friends, to Pokémon, to the game itself if they will please for the love of God let your 1 percent battery last long enough to catch the Pikachu that just popped up in front of you. You may or may not be able to actually keep these promises, but you will do anything to be the best like no one ever was even if that means buying your friend lunch if they will go hunting with you.

4. Depression

For awhile, everything is great. The servers haven't crashed, you are finding all the Pokémon you need and with just one more you will be able to evolve. But then, tragedy. Much too late you realize that you have run out of Pokéballs and there is no Pokéstop nearby. Usually it is right about this time that hundreds of the Pokémon you need to evolve are popping up right around you and the only thing you can do is watch them come and go until you have time to replenish your stash.

5. Acceptance

Finally you realize that this is it. This is your life. Nothing else matters as much anymore because you have to be the best. There is no other option. All of your childhood dreams are finally coming true and you now know your true calling in life: to be a Pokémon trainer and to catch them all. The next step is to find a college that offers Pokémon trainer as a major. There has to be one of those, right?