The 11 Stages Of A Week In College As Told By Mad Men

16
http://francescodandreamusic.com/event/mad-men/

Coming off of a massive binge-session of Mad Men, it's hard to ignore the similarities between the characters and an average college student. It eases the pain and worry of entering the real world, really. Here's 11 times Mad Men almost perfectly represented the cycle college puts its students through.

1. Remember Saturday night? Chances are, you probably don't. But it turns out you made a fool out of yourself and you are overcome with shame and embarrassment. The most sensible response is, obviously, to blame all your actions on the alcohol .

2. When those crazy nights turn into terribly hungover, barely functioning mornings, Don Draper proves that taking a day for yourself isn't all that bad. Pass all of the chips, please!

3. Once you've been restored back to decency, it's time to dust it off, put on your big girl panties and make it back to the daily routine. It's as if you haven't seen these people in decades.

4. The workload starts piling up and the inevitable stress becomes unbearable. An exam, two papers, and a presentation all in the same week! Not to mention you still have your other school work to keep up with and that's about 200 pages of reading a night. How will you get it done!?

5. In the middle of it all, you feel like you're drowning as you run on approximately 5 hours of sleep in the past two-three nights. Your paper is due in 2 hours and you're only about half way done....let the full-on-panic commence. If someone says something that is even remotely time-consuming, you will flip. No question.

6. FINALLY! You got that paper in, crushed the presentations and the exams were a piece of cake. There's noting left to do but CELEBRATE! Pop open the champagne, turn on your favorite Taylor Swift song, and have a girl's night.

7. Your girls night turns into some creepy guy in the frat trying to dance with you. It's not like you're trying to be rude so you entertain the idea for just a little bit while your girlfriends look on, slightly concerned.

8. Couple more drinks in and that creepy guy from before doesn't seem all the creepy. You danced before, so like, why not dance again? How could he say no? Your pick-up lines are foolproof after all.

9. The next day your friends tell you what happened. You realize who the culprit was and in the light of day, sober, it's not pretty. Actually, it's mortifying. You're ashamed.

10. Now you're walking around completely mortified, guilt-ridden. You feel like everyone's staring as you walk to the library to start yet another sick cycle of a stressful week. The paranoia sets in and you make a complete, utter fool out of yourself.

11. Let's start it all over. Try and keep your composure. The weekend is just around the corner!