10 Struggles Every Student Has On Move-In Day

May the odds be ever in your favor for a smooth move in day.

9
UMO

Move in day is probably one of the most stressful days of the year even more than finals week and move out day. Anxiety is at an all time high especially if your a freshman, I would tell you everything will go smoothly but most likely you will face one of these struggles.

1. Getting stuff from home to state

The first and crucial step on move in day is packing up the car before starting your journey. There is definitely a smart and sensible way to pack the car but we never seem to go that route. All we are thinking about is praying it all fits and that you still have room for yourself!

2. Getting stuff from car to room

They seriously need to create a better way for us to get things from our cars into our dorm building. Yes the move in teams help a little bit. But don't you wish there was just one large basket that you could put every item in and just have someone roll in it for you and be done. Because I sure do.

3. Collaborating with roommates

The dreaded "what color scheme should we do text." Will obviously happen at some point either before you arrive or when you arrive to your dorm. Don't feel pressured to match your roommates if you don't want to just politely decline.

4. Making it work

Thing are probably going to come your way during move in day, like your television falling off a dolly and it breaking. you never know what might happen but as long as you just shake it off and get over it you'll be fine I promise.

5. You either hate your space or love your space

Walking into your new room for the first time is always a rush of nerves and anxiety because you know its either going to be great or obviously suck.

6. Meeting your R.A

This can either go totally great or completely horrid. The first interactions you have with you new residence assistant are key, having a strict R.A could potentially ruin any of your thoughts for "throwing down" in your new room..

7. Random Roommates

I feel like this is the scariest part of going to college. I highly suggest you never do this because it is a true rare occurrence of it ever working out. So if you have random roommate this year i wish you luck and may the odds be ever in your favor.

8. Be prepared to spend money like never before.

Going to college is expensive. obviously tuition fees and other dues go into account but no one tells you how much money you are going to have to spend to move in. between bedding, a mattress topper and a million other things be prepared for your first college debts.

9. The embarrassing parent

your parents are most likely going to want to be involved in every single aspect of you moving in to college. They are going to talk to everyone, and not feel secure until every last thing is perfect in your room. But you know what just let it happen. They are going to miss you and you will defiantly miss them.

10. The last goodbye.

Yes the final goodbye bye is inevitable. Its something you just have to do. You always think you are tough until this very moment of weakness. Even if you have a great poker face, on the inside you are having a total break down.

And that is totally ok.